Palmetto State Armory
Welcome to Palmetto State Armory!
- Overall Very Satisfied Review by Jon
- This was my first AR type rifle and I purchased this upper with the Rifle Kit version in May 2012 and paired it with a Bushmaster lower. This combo fit very well together with almost no play (about 1/32 play so didn't need an Accu-wedge) It shoots very well and is very accurate with the correct quality ammunition. It did not like the inexpensive $8.00 box stuff (55 gr. bullets danced all over at 100 yds) but when it uses the good 5.56mm ammo, it shined like no tomorrow with 55gr. FMJBT bullets). I assembled everything in about 45 min. which wasn't bad for a first time! I will be reloading my ammunition in the future so I can work up the load that it likes best and looking to a 62 to 69 gr bullet for the 1:8 twist. I am very satisfied and do recommend PSA. It is a high quality upper at a very good price, so you can't beat that combination! (Posted on 3/14/13)
- First Class AR Review by Ken
- I have been an AR owner for years. I own this upper and have it paired with a Palmetto lower with a RR Arms 2 stage trigger. This is one of the best shooting rifles I have ever owned. My guns are shooters not safe queens, I also own a L M T CQB Piston and a Noveske Recon Switchblock, both are high quality AR's, however this Palmetto is my shooter of choice, it is fun, and with the Wylde chambering you can shoot anything. Great value and quality. (Posted on 9/12/12)
- Great deal and fast Review by Bill
I ordered one of these uppers with the bolt and charging handle. It was exactly what I was looking for. Wylde chamber and 1 in 8 twist. I normally shoot bullets weighing 55 grains with the occasional 69 grain or larger bullet. That's why I think the 1 in 8 is a nice compromise.
Not knowing what to expect I took it to that range after mounting a scope. I was shooting handloads with XBR 8208 powder with 55 grain Nosler Varmaggedon bullets. I had the gun sighted in at 25yards in 4 shots. I then went to 100 yards. By the time the shooting was over I had a 3 shot group under an honest witnessed 1/2 group. I know it was only three shots. Soil had 7the rounds left and shot them all. I could cover them with a quartet. Several of them(3) went thru a previous hole. I am an accuracy nut and I was truly impressed. I will be buying the same upper in the near future. To same I am pleased would he an understatement. 1 other thing is that shipping was EXTREMELY fast. It came in about 9 days. It was also packed with care and was flawless as far as marks scratches etc.
I am in no way affiliated with Palmetto State Armory other than as a customer. (Posted on 8/11/12)
- good product Review by richard
- I recieved my PSA upper last week and put on a RRA lower and went to the range. Everything worked flawlessly. It needed very little sight tuning to hit the ten ring right out of the box. I ran both .223 and 5.56 ammo from US and foreign manufactures and it handled them all without any type of failures. I am very impressed with this upper and am planning to purchase another in the near future. (Posted on 5/21/12)
- Come to the Wylde side Review by Denton
I wanted a rifle that was based on an AR15 lower, but not a "black rifle". With a 1:8 twist and many other goodies like stainless steel and M4 feedramps, this fit the bill. Once I got it, about 3 weeks after ordering, I could see the workmanship in the entire upper. The flash hider was clocked perfectly with no assembly marks, nothing was loose, yet the entire upper looked like it was assembled with velvet gloves. No stray marks anywhere! I was impressed with that considering it was test fired too.
Now, I have a stainless Arredondo flash hider and combined with the stainless barrel, it looks fantastic. Well done, PSA. (Posted on 3/25/12)