Palmetto State Armory
Welcome to Palmetto State Armory!
- Disappointed With PSA Review by Patrick
- I bought this tool because it was affordable, and I figured that if PSA made superb firearms and firearm parts and accessories, than they must make good tools. Boy was I wrong. The quality of this tool is well below the quality of PSA's other products. The barrel nut wrench is too loose to properly tighten the barrel nut, and because of the loose fit and poor quality, I wound up not only damaging the wrench, but damaging the castle nut to the point where I'll be ordering a new one. Also, I'm not sure what size the slot for the torque wrench is for, but it was big enough that my 1/2" torque wrench had enough room to wiggle. In short, my advice to you use is save your money, don't buy this wrench. (Posted on 3/19/13)
- Not happy with this one. Review by Mitchell
- I purchased the PSA tool specifically because I have a PSA rifle and I assumed it would be machined precisely to the same quality and specs of the rest of PSA's gear. I was disappointed to discover when the item arrived that it is PSA in name only. It is manufactured in China by AIM sports for PSA and slapped in a package with a PSA logo. In the end because of the cheap quality the teeth on the castle nut wrench were much smaller than the female gaps on the standard milspec castle nut (a PSA LPK castle nut in my case). Because of the loose fit, the wrench is hard to keep fitted into the castle nut long enough to tighten it. Not only that but since the fit is loose, pressure is not evenly distributed my castle nut was severely marred in the process (think trying to tighten a metric bolt with the 'equivalent' sized standard socket and what it does to the pointed edges of the bolt). All that said I love PSA and the quality of the parts they manufacture (or outsource to companies like FN etc...) but if I were them I would remove my name and logo from this product immediately. I guess I got what I payed for though. (Posted on 2/2/13)
- Great tool for a great price Review by email@example.com
- This tool is as good as any other out there and at half the price. Great finish and weight to this tool. Plus PSA shipped my whole order faster than anyone else I bought parts for on this last build and with the lowest shipping charges. This is a must with great finish and fit on all standard parts in a build. (Posted on 3/12/12)