Palmetto State Armory
Welcome to Palmetto State Armory!
- Strange flaw Review by Jeremy
The magazine had a strange flaw to it. The front of it had two tabs that prevented the magazine to enter the gun. Since the magazine is plastic, I was able to take a file and shave the tabs down. Once the tabs were filed ,down I was able to insert the magazine and the gun fired fine. I was definitely disappointed of this flaw. The gun I used it for is a DPMS Sportacle.
As far as accuracy, so far it's good up to 75 yards. (Posted on 12/18/12)
- Pretty cool Review by Chris
- This came pretty quickly from PSA. Packaging was secure. I took it out of the package and the mag fit perfect in my RRA lower. The conversion was a tight fit in my upper as to be expected. I coated it in CLP and let it sit for two days (First chance I could get to the range) The first few rounds stove piped and would not cycle. After a total of 10 rounds it broke itself in and for the next 490 rounds of Aguila 38 grain high velocity with the occasional bad round it shot flawlessly! Keep in mind you will NOT win any marksmanship contests as the velocity is different then my normal 5.56. Its great for teaching the little ones with some can plinking or some steel plate shooting. Overall I would rate this product about an 8 out of 10 given the accuracy loss and because this will make your rifle really really dirty. Oh yea, after shooting all your 22 rounds run a boresnake through 2 or 3 times then put 20 rounds of 223 or 556 through the rifle to blow out your gas port! (Posted on 10/28/12)
- Very Cool Review by Michael
- I just got this in yesterday along with a couple of boxes of CCI Tactical 22 LR. First off it worked flawless in three different guns ranging in 7in. to 16in barrels with around 100 round in each gun, I mean completely flawless and performed excellent with the CCI Tactical 22 ammo. Ok now the only few thing that might not be perfect is how the bolt jams on the mag. after the last shot, this can be remedied by purchasing the upgrades but not a big deal if your not going to make your gun a dedicated 22LR. Also read the instructions first and sand or file your mag. where indicated or you mag will fit too tight , its custom fit after you do the process. The rounds are not the easiest to load in the mag. but again read instructions to learn the trick to load them faster and easier. Overall I love the kit and it does everything as promised..I did not notice any accuracy problems at all it was very fun to shoot all my guns without hearing protection and bugging the few neighbors with loud 5.56 like i normaly do. Looking to sell my M&P 15-22 after getting this.. (Posted on 8/22/12)