The L5AWM is the only HYBRID AR magazine available today, featuring the best characteristics of Polymer and Steel magazine designs. It’s NOT a Polymer Magazine. One Piece Wrap Around, Hardened Steel Feed Lips won’t bend or break, steel reinforces the back of the polymer body.
NOT a Steel Magazine. Lightweight polymer body is impact resistant from -40F to 180F, won’t dent like steel and weights the same as aluminum
The L5AWM fills the gap between the current metal and polymer magazine designs combing the best features from both designs into a unique hybrid magazine. L5AWM has the reliability of a steel magazine, the durability of a polymer magazine and the weight of an aluminum magazine.
Unique to the AWM is the one piece wrap-around hardened steel feed lip assembly that is permanently attached to an impact resistant polymer body. The hardened steel feed lips won’t bend, break or deform due to rough handling or long term storage.
An aggressive surface texture has been applied to the polymer body to improve gripping and retrieval from pouches. The combination of steel and polymer result in a lightweight, robust magazine tough enough for professional use.
The internal geometry of the Advanced Warfighter Magazine is a constant curve that has been maximized to feed the 5.56X45mm NATO round and has a non-tilting follower for trouble-free feeding. The feed lips are made from a single piece of precision formed steel that is hardened, then PTFE coated for corrosion resistance. The body and component materials are corrosion and chemical resistant, passing military chemical testing, including exposure to DEET.
The L5 AWM is compatible with modern weapon systems; M4/M16/AR, HK416, SCAR16, and the ARX160 to name a few and is available in 10, 20 and 30 round capacity with a translucent or opaque polymer body.
The L5AWM Translucent Advantage for professionals:
- Increases Op-Tempo
- Pre-combat inspections and checks
- Post contact checks
- Speeds ammunition consolidation
- Tactical Magazine Changes
- The aggressive body texture improve gripping
- Drops free from lower receivers
- The magazine is designed to resist damage from rough handling, dropping and abuse
- Vehicle Storage
- The L5AWM can be stored loaded in unconditioned environments; from +180F to -50F
- Ammunition Carry Policy
- Rapidly know what’s loaded
- Shared Resources – expedites shift change
- Know your round count
- Translucency allows range or shift personnel to see if their magazine is serviceable
- Training Safety
- Visual inspection lets everyone know how many rounds are on the firing line
- Quickly Identify what’s loaded; live rounds, blanks or marker rounds