The L5 is a family translucent magazines developed for the 5.56mm AR15/M4/M16 rifle system. It has an impact resistant translucent polymer body, corrosion resistant steel feed lips and a removable, rubber coated bottom. The L5 was designed to be used with the existing magazine pouches and carriers.
The original L5 has been replaced by the L5A. Included in the L5A’s design are a number of user recommended changes; the magazine well stop has been replaced with a lower profile support rib. The new rib makes the L5A easier to get out of magazine pouches and allows the magazine to be utilized with the H&K 416, SA80, ARX-160 as well as the AR/M4/M16 weapon systems. The bottom of the magazine’s body has been reinforced to improve bottom retention.
The L5, L5A and L5-20 Round Magazines have been tested and recommended by the members of the National Tactical Officers Association.
- Made in the USA
- Translucent polymer body that is impact resistant through a wide range of temperatures
- Can be dropped onto the feed lips without damage
- Withstands 5’ drop, fully loaded onto concrete at -40F and +180F
- Withstands 5’ drop, fully loaded dropped with rifle
- Body and component materials that are corrosion and chemical resistant
- Stainless Steel Spring
- Steel feed lips with a corrosion resistant coating, permanently molded into the body.
- 30 Round version has Count Markers at 20 and 30 rounds
- Body texture, contour and rubber coated bottom are designed to provide positive gripping and improve retrieval from magazine pouches.
- Body design incorporates a constant radius geometry that facilitates follower/spring travel.
- Same basic design envelop as the USGI aluminum magazine, can be used with existing pouches and carriers.
- Easy to disassemble and maintain
L5A Features Compared to the original L5:
- Low profile rib
- Support rib added for better bottom retention
- Internal design and components
- Hardened steel feed lips
- Impact resistant translucent polymer
- Rubber coated bottom
- Works in:
- Beretta ARX-160