Originally developed for the US Navy E.O.D. (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) Groups, the CASV handguard is a drop-on rail system for any AR-15 platform equipped with an M4 flat top receiver and fixed front sight post.
The CASV-M is designed for the popular mid-length gas system rifles. Taking from the same battle proven design as the CASV-EL, the new CASV-M is extended to fit the common midlength or “Nine Inch” handguard design.
The CASV-M features a removable lower handguard section and removable rail sections. The area forward of the top rail can be filled with a short rail, or used to mount the optional flip-up sight assembly (see page 21).
The CASV-M will work with a Carbine Length gas system; however, a low profile gas block must be used. All CASV-M Kits come with two 2”, two 4”, one 6” and one top filler rail sections and hardware.
• Adds less than 1 lb. to overall firearm weight
• No special installation tools required
• “Piggy-Backs” onto the upper receiver
• Uses Delta Ring for solid assembly
• Rigid, continuous rail section along the top
• Removable lower shield
• M203 barrel mounting compatible
• QD sling sockets on right and left side