Dagger and RDS compatibility

Courtesy of @Anthony_PSA . If you have an optic that works please add it.

Here is a break down of what we know works with each slide cut pattern:

DOCTER FOOTPRINT:
ADE Advanced Optics RD3-006B Huracan, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-009 Crusader, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-013 Bertrillium, Athlon Midas TSR1, Burris Fastfire 2, Burris Fastfire 3, Delta Optical MiniDot, Delta Optical MiniDot II, Docter Sight C, Docter Sight II Plus, Docter Sight III, Docter QUICKsight 5.0 VR, Hawke Reflex 1Ă—25, Leica Tempus, MAKdot 1Ă—25, Noblex Sight C, Noblex Sight 2 Plus, Noblex Sight III, Noblex Sight G, Noblex QUICKsight 5.0 VR, Sightmark Mini Shot M-Spec, Sightmark Mini Shot Pro Spec, US Optics DRS 2.0, US Optics DRS 2.0 Enhanced, Vector Optics Frenzy 1x20x28, Vomz Pilad 1Ă—20, Vortex Viper, Vortex Venom

RMR FOOTPRINT:
Trijicon RMR, Trijicon SRO, Holosun 407C, Holosun 407C V2, Holosun 407C X2, Holosun 507C, Holosun 507C V2, Holosun 507C X2, Holosun 508T, Holosun 508T X2, Riton X3 Tactix PRD, NcStar VISM FlipDot Pro, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-019 Stingray, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-020 Raptor, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-023 Valkyrie, Swampox Kingslayer 1Ă—22, Swampfox Liberty RMR 1Ă—22, Swampfox Justice RMR 1Ă—27, Vector Optics Frenzy 1x22x26

11 Likes

Along with the other Holosun’s for the RMR footprint you can add the Holosun 407CO X2

1 Like

The optics I am used to using are from Crimson Trace. They use the J point footprint which is also the Shield RMSc, Swampfox Sentinal, and Sig Romeo Zero. I didn’t see any of those name in the list under RDS compatibility.

I dont think those use standard RMR or docter cuts, which is all the dagger uses.

I recently bought a Crimson Trace CTS-1550 RDS. It fits my Docter cut, with the pistol’s included mounting plate; the two nubs on the slide don’t quite line up with the sight’s cuts without the mounting plate.

–Bernie Gilbert

@gilbertbp dagger or Rock 5.7?

Sorry - Dagger.

– Bernie

I just put an Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta 6MOA on a PSA Doctor’s Cut Slide, Rear Sight Forward slide, and I had to file 1mm off the back end of the doctor’s cut rear for the optic to fit. The cut on the slide is curved in the rear, and I had to file it flat for the optic to fit. Testor’s flat OD Green Paint to touch up the paint, and all is good.
Slide: PSA DAGGER COMPLETE DOCTOR SW2 CUT SLIDE ASSEMBLY WITH THREADED BARREL, EXTREME CARRY CUTS, & 2XL TALL SIGHTS, SNIPER GREEN
Slide SKU - DG01-51655123123
Slide Model Number - DG01-51655123098

1 Like

This shows the back of the ADE Optic is Flat, not curved like the cut in the slide.

Thats a WIDE optic.

3 Likes

Also, the Vortex Venom works directly on the Dagger. Doctor cut

1 Like

The crimson trace cts-1250 fits a doctor cut slide with room to spare. Although it does NOT co-witness with the ameriglo tritium front lower 1/3 sights that came on my dagger slide. The optic is just barely too tall.

Has anyone found a RDS that’ll co-witness with the factory sights for the doctor cut?

Or have a solution for 1/3 cowitness?

just take the sights off all together and only use the rmr… you can use the back plate on the slide to aim if your rmr fails. its highly efficient, i keep asking for a little red dot in the center on that backplate -lol, for the perfect rmr pistol imo.

I would like to see the dagger cut for the Shield pattern as the RMR pattern overhangs the sides. Plus the Shield pattern red dots are sleeker. I’m running a Holusun K one with an adapter.

1 Like

Purchased the compact with a doctor cut. Does that mean if I get a red dot with doctor cut it will just mount on to the plate?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger-compact-9mm-pistol-with-sw1-extreme-carry-cut-doctor-slide-threaded-barrel-green.html

Picked up the Cyelee Calf X1 to use. Gun hasn’t arrived yet.

You shouldnt need a plate…direct mount to slide.

1 Like

Ameriglos dot is made to fit a RMR cut. It’s kind of tall though, and doesn’t cowitness on my Dagger. I need taller suppressor sites, but I’d just pick a dot that will cowitness. (lower 1/3 is what I’m after)

How does it look?

1 Like