Henry Big Boy Silver 357 Mag/38 Spl 10 Round Lever-Action Rifle - H006MS
- Series/Collection: Big Boy Silver
- Action: Lever
- Magazine Type: Tubular
- Trigger Type: Standard
- Muzzle Type: Target Crown
- Magazine Capacity: 10
- Caliber/Gauge: 357 Magnum/38 Special
- Twist Rate: 1:16"
- Hand: Right
- Safety: Transfer Bar
- Sight: Brass Bead Front, Fully Adjustable Semi-Buckhorn with Diamond Insert Rear
- Barrel Material: Steel
- Receiver Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Stock Material: American Walnut
- Barrel Finish: Blue
- Receiver Finish: Bright Silver
- Barrel Length: 20"
- Length of Pull: 14"
- Overall Length: 38-1/2"
- Weight: 8.68 lb
- Barrel Type: Octagon
- Scopeability: Drilled and Tapped
- Buttplate/Pad: Bright Silver
- Scope Mount Type: BB-RSM
As a bigger centerfire version of the rimfire Golden Boy Silver, the Henry Big Boy Silver model in .357 Magnum is an equally striking throwback to the days of nickel plating on prized guns to protect and enhance their visual appeal. Here, we take a different path to arrive at the same burnished silver look: instead of plating over the base frame material, we use a solid aluminum-bronze alloy that's actually slightly tougher than the long-running hardened brass alloy in our popular brass-framed Big Boy lever actions, and that results in a through and through silver tone. Not a surface treatment that might wear or scratch through with years of use; these frame, barrel band, and buttplate surfaces can be cleaned up and polished at home if needed to maintain that brightly gleaming silver look for generations to come.