Lead Star Arms Prime 16" Carbon Fiber Wrapped Mid Length .223 Wylde AR-15 Rifle, Black
|Brand||Lead Star Arms|
- Caliber: .223 Rem / 5.56x45mm
- Upper Receiver Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Lower Receiver Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 17", M-Lok Compatible, 6061-T6 Aluminum
- FCG: Hiperfire ECL Straight Bow with Hipershoe, Adjustable
- Fire Selector: Radion Talon, Ambidextrous, Aluminum
- Barrel: BSF Carbon Wrapped, Match Grade
- Barrel Material: 416R Stainless Steel
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Gas Block: Superlative Arms, Adjustable
- BCG: RCA, 8620 Steel, H&M Black Nitride, 8.9 oz.
- Bolt: 9310 Steel, Nitride
- Charging Handle: LSA Ravage
- Gas System: Direct Impingement, Mid Length
- Muzzle Device: LSA Ravage, CNC Machined Steel, Black Nitride
- Grip: LSA Ravage, Skeletonized, 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Stock: LSA Ravage, Extendable, 6061-T6 Aluminum, 6.0 oz.
- Buffer Tube: Strike Industries 7-Position, 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Buffer: Armaspec SRS
- Castle Nut: 7075-T6 Billet Aluminum
- Receiver End Plate: LSA Ravage, 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum
- Magazine Release: LSA Ravage, 6061-6 Billet Aluminum
- Magazine: (1) Magpul 30rd MOE PMAG
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hard Coat Anodized
- Weight: 4.9 lbs.
Developed from input of some of the top shooters in competitive shooting sports, these featherweight rifles by Lead Star Arms are an out of the box solution to get you to the top of your game. Prime rifles are engineered to be the pinnacle of performance.
- Upper Receiver: Fully CNC machined from 7075-T6 aluminum for extreme precision and enhanced durability. Skeletonized for further weight reduction. Flat top Picatinny design for versatility in mounting optics and other enhanced components. CNC engraved numbered rail system. Lead Star's truss system design reinforces key areas for increased strength without added weight. M4 feed ramps for added reliability.
- Lower Receiver: Incorporates the enhanced features of the upper receiver and also includes the TracStar magwell with full traction design. Designed for the operator to grip and maintain weapon control even in the most extreme conditions. Beveled magwell entry allows faster magazine changes. Skeletonized for further weight reduction. Tension device to maintain rigidity between upper and lower receivers. Rear detent spring capture device to facilitate easier removal of buffer tube. Built-in trigger guard eliminates the need for a flip down trigger guard.
- 17" Handguard: Ravage CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum for extreme precision and enhanced durability. Unique design offers ultra-capture around the barrel nut eliminating the requirement for anti-rotation tabs. Eliminates harmonics from attached accessories greatly improving weapon accuracy. Four Picatinny slots at the 12 o'clock position for mounting back up sights. M-LOK slots at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions and full-length M-LOK at the 6 o'clock position for mounting only the Picatinny rail needed or accessories. 7075-T6 aluminum barrel nut for the ultimate in lightweight design and strength.
- Fire Control Group: Enhanced Hiperfire ECL competition straight bow trigger. Adjustable shoe and springs can be customized to 15 possible trigger weights. Hipershoe for trigger finger comfort and adjustability.
- Fire Selector: Radian Talon ambidextrous safety selector modular design that can be installed as a standard 90° or as a 45° short throw by simply rotating the shaft 180° inside the lower receiver. Selector levers install using a precision machined dovetail interface with spring-loaded retention stud to lock the lever in place, no screws to come loose or break. Levers machined from billet aircraft grade aluminum and center shaft machined from hardened steel with black nitride finish.
- Barrel: BSF Barrels 416R Stainless steel match 16" .223 Wylde barrel in a roll-wrapped carbon fiber sleeve and loaded under tension. Carbon fiber used is specially designed to move at the same expansion rate as 416R stainless steel. Machined slots into the carbon fiber allow air to move around the barrel and vent heat quicker without any delamination issues. This method keeps the rifling straighter the warmer the barrel becomes due to being under tension. Allows superior stiffness and strength while keeping the barrel extremely lightweight.
- Gas Block: Superlative Arms with patented “Bleed Off”, direct impingement gas block that adjusts the gas flow by bleeding the gas out of the block instead of restricting the flow like conventional adjustable blocks. The pressure used in the block is reduced only to the amount required to drive the bolt carrier. The remaining gas/pressure is bled out of the block allowing the system to run much cleaner and cooler and reduces felt recoil. Patented adjustment detent is located outside of the block and therefore no contamination. The gas adjustment screw does not restrict the gas flow; therefore there is no erosion or seizing of the screw / no loss of detent due to carbon build up. Although it is removable, there is an added safety mechanism, which stops from unintentionally backing the screw all the way out.
- Bolt Carrier Group: RCA low mass for greatly reduced felt recoil. Made from 8620 steel and finished with H&M’s Blacknitride+ treatment. Weighing in at just over 8.9 ounces, it comes with nitrided 17-4 stainless firing pin and enhanced 9310 nitrided bolt.
- Charging Handle: Ravage unique design geometry produces a faster release and a linear pull. Extended design allows easier charging with added optics and sights. High strength for added reliability under extreme conditions.
- Anti-rotation Pins: Titanium design for a more consistent trigger pull weight and captures trigger pins increasing reliability.
- Gas System: Direct impingement with mid-length gas system to reduce recoil and minimize wear on moving parts.
- Muzzle Device: Ravage enhanced design compensator dramatically reduces recoil. Unique geometry minimizes muzzle rise for faster follow up shots. Side gas port counteracts barrel twist produced by projectile spin. Pre-drilled on bottom for pinning muzzle brake to barrel. Precision CNC machined steel. Black nitride coating for durability in extreme conditions.
- Grip: Ravage ultralight weight grip with traction grooves on all sides. Ultimate in comfort, every edge is rounded or chamfered. Skeletonized design for maximum weight savings. High strength for added reliability under extreme conditions. Precision CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminum.
- Stock: Ravage fixed stock design with cheek weld. Extends stock out to 9 1/2" from the rear of the lower receiver making it more comfortable to shoot. Precision CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum. High strength for added reliability under extreme conditions. Super lightweight at only 6.0 oz. Slot for easy attachment of sling.
- Buffer Tube: 7 position Strike Industries with scalloped surfaces that decrease friction with tight-fitting stocks, and shaves weight while retaining mass in critical stressed areas. Further enhancements include a supported buffer retaining tab that also serves to more easily index your receiver extension. Machined from 7075-T6 aluminum for much greater strength.
- Buffer System: Armaspec SRS is a self-contained multi-stage drop-in replacement for your standard buffer and spring. Designed to reduce felt recoil as well as keep the buffer spring from rubbing against the inner wall of the buffer tube. The buffer mass is designed to stay under constant tension against the bolt carrier and the O-ring on the head of the buffer mass prevents metal on metal contact.
- Castle Nut: Ultralight design for further weight reduction and strength. Precision CNC machined from 7075-T6 billet aluminum.
- Receiver End Plate: Ravage enhanced design allows for mounting QD swivel sling attachment. Raised QD attachment point makes attaching sling easier and faster. Precision CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum. High strength for added reliability under extreme conditions.
- More Titanium: Ultralight exotic metal grip screw, handguard fastener screws, stock bolt for further weight reduction and strength.
- Magazine Release Button: Ravage enhanced design allows quicker acquisition of magazine release for faster magazine changes. Detailed surface ensures the maximum amount of traction when operating magazine release while adding comfort. High strength for added reliability under extreme conditions. Precision CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum.
- Magazine: Comes standard with 1 Magpul 30 Round MOE PMAG black magazine.
For the best selection of Modern Sporting Rifle Parts and Accessories, shop Palmetto State Armory!