DISC PWS MK1, Mod 1 Rifle, 16.1in Barrel, .223 Wylde, FSC 556 M116RA1B
|Brand||Primary Weapons Systems|
- Caliber: .223 Wylde
- Weight: 6 lbs, 10 oz (3.01 kg)
- Overall Length: 33 (83.8 cm)
- Barrel Length: 16 (40.6 cm)
- Muzzle Velocity: 2993 ft/sec (M855)
- Muzzle Energy: 1233 ft/lbs
- PWS Forged Mil-Spec Upper and Lower Receiver
- PWS Isonite Treated 1:8 Twist Barrel
- PWS Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group
- PWS KeyMod Rail System
- BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle
- Magpul MOE Stock and Grip
- Magpul MBUS Gen 2 Sights
- Magpul MOE Trigger Guard
- Magpul 30 round PMAG
The shortest of the non-NFA models with a removable muzzle device, the PWS MK116 Rifle is a crowd favorite. The MK116 is designed for a multitude of uses and retains lethal capability out to 500 meters with varying types of ammunition and boasts a PWS FSC556.
Utilizing the proven system originally designed for the MK107, the MK116 uses a carbine length gas piston system. The operating system, designed after the venerable AK-47, features a long stroke fixed operating rod design with an adjustable gas block, 12 handguard and free-floated barrel.
The handguard features the VLTOR KeyMod System which comes standard with two 2 sections of 1913 rail as well as a continuous 1913 top rail.
Understanding the importance of an ultra-reliable package that is light as possible, mil-spec forgings are used for the upper and lower receiver. Additional features include the BCM GUNFIGHTER charging handle, the PWS enhanced buffer tube and an ALG Defense QMS trigger. The rifle is rounded out with industry leading features such as Magpul MOE grip, MOE stock, and MBUS2 sights.