Winchester 70 Extreme Weather SS .300 Win Mag Bolt Action Rifle, Matte/Textured - 535206233
local_shipping FREE SHIPPING
- Series/Collection: 70 Extreme Weather SS
- Action: Bolt
- Magazine Type: Hinged Floor Plate
- Stock Type: Bell and Carlson Lay-Up
- Trigger Type: MOA
- Muzzle Type: Recessed Target Crown
- Magazine Capacity: 3
- Caliber/Gauge: 300 Winchester Magnum
- Twist Rate: 1:10"
- Orientation: Right
- Safety: 3-Position
- Sight: Drilled and Tapped
- Barrel Material: Stainless Steel
- Receiver Material: Stainless Steel
- Stock Material: Composite
- Barrel Finish: Matte
- Receiver Finish: Matte
- Stock Finish: Textured
- Barrel Length: 26"
- Length of Pull: 13-3/4"
- Overall Length: 46-3/4"
- Weight: 7 lb
- Drop at Heel: 1/2"
- Chamber Finish: Polished
- Barrel Type: Contour Sporter
- Recoil Pad: Pachmayr Decelerator
- Trigger Guard Material: Alloy
- Floor Plate Material: Stainless Steel
- Drop at Comb: 1/2"
- Sling Swivel Studs: Matte Nickel
- Trigger Finish: Matte
- Trigger Material: Stainless Steel
- Bolt Slide Finish: Jeweled
Get extreme accuracy under any conditions. The model 70 Extreme Weather Stainless utilizes a Bell and Carlson lay-up composite stock that provides a solid feel and features trim and lightweight ergonomics. It has a textured charcoal gray matte finish for rugged good looks and improved grip in adverse conditions. The sculpted cheekpiece helps insure proper eye-to-scope alignment from any shooting position. The thick, black Pachmayr Decelerator pad helps take the felt recoil bite out of high performance magnum cartridges. Like all model 70s today, it features the Pre-64 type claw extractor with Controlled Round Feeding so the cartridge may be easily withdrawn from the chamber at any point after it leaves the magazine. It also means that the cartridge base is grabbed by the claw as it leaves the magazine so it enters the chamber straight, in line. And don't forget that the cartridge feed lips are machined as part of the receiver for improved reliability in feeding. The classic 3-position Safety offers both on safe and fire positions, plus a middle position that locks the firing pin yet still allows the bolt to be operated, providing a greater margin of safety when checking the chamber condition or unloading. Accuracy is paramount. The Extreme Weather SS rifle's free-floating fluted stainless steel barrel is made in the same factory as those found on US military rifles and machine guns, and features a recessed target crown to protect the rifling. With quality optics, premium ammunition, and good shooting conditions, 1 MOA accuracy can be expected - if you, your ammo and your optics are up to it. The fluted barrel allows us to give you a stiffer barrel profile that does not carry excessive weight. So the Extreme Weather SS feels very light but offers accuracy of a heavier rifle. (2) stainless steel sling swivel studs are installed as expected. In fact, all major components are stainless to keep you gun looking and working well year after year in tough conditions. You will need to buy scope bases and rings to match your setup separately, so don't forget. (The scope and mounts in the photo above are not included.) The line-up of hunting calibers is more than adequate, taking you from crossover big game/varmint calibers to hard hitting magnum calibers sufficient for practically everything you could want to hunt - whitetails, mule deer, elk, sheep, goats, bears, moose, etc. Check the blogs and you'll read how many consider it the perfect elk rifle. Bell & Carlson makes a uniquely high-quality product. That is the reason Winchester Repeating Arms has teamed with them over the years to produce our finest specialty rifles. With features like a proprietary molding system that maximizes strength and one of the industry's most acclaimed aluminum bedding block designs (for a total lock from action to stock), you get superb accuracy, ideal balance and strength only possible with non-traditional stock engineering. The Extreme Weather does not have a traditional injected type stock. As per specifications developed by Bell & Carlson and Winchester Repeating Arms, the stocks are "constructed using a 'hand lay-up' process, using a variety of composite materials. These composites - including fiberglass, aramid fibers, graphite, epoxy gel coats and laminating resins, and polyurethane reinforcement with milled fiberglass - provide a warm and solid feel rather than the hollow feel one gets from injection molded stocks." The Extreme Weather stock is reliable over a temperature range of -50 to +140 deg F for extreme stability under any heat and cold conditions you might encounter around the world, Alaska to Arizona and beyond.
- Bell & Carlson synthetic stock with sculpted cheekpiece has a charcoal gray textured finish
- 1-piece aluminum bedding block adds strength and rigidity to maintain a reliable zero under adverse conditions
- Matte finished metal surfaces help reduce glare
- 1-piece alloy bottom metal adds rigidity for better accuracy
- Forged steel receiver with integral recoil lug is bedded front and rear to eliminate shifts in zero for exceptional long-range accuracy
- Pre-64 style controlled round feed with claw extractor fully controls the cartridge from magazine, to chamber, to ejection
- 3-position safety allows you to unload the chamber while on safe and shows safety status at a glance
- Sporter weight stainless steel, free floating fluted barrel reduces weight and improves cooling
- Recessed target crown enhances accuracy and protects the rifling
- MOA trigger system with zero take-up, zero creep and zero overtravel gives you outstanding accuracy
- Blade-type ejector for full control of ejection force
- Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad for optimal protection against felt recoil
- Action length - short action