Big brother is watching

Listening to the scanner today, staying out of everyone’s way during the holiday.
BLM has been hitting areas here in NW. AZ. pretty hard today in some of everybody’s favorite desert shooting areas, must be giving citations I hear them calling in vehicle plate numbers and DL numbers.
Don’t normally hear them on the air much, I can only imagine the crowds at the local ranges today.
Be safe out there AZers

2 Likes

Bureau of Land Management.

What most people from the west think of when hearing BLM.

7 Likes

What are they citing for? No experiences with BLM here in cen-tex so zero context for me.

1 Like

Along with the burn bans and no shooting bans orchestrated by the forest service here in AZ. the BLM usually follows the same enforcement practice, along with other things such as shooting to close to a road, houses, wildlife areas and etc.

1 Like

Same here.

Also, no tracers, tannerite, shooting over or into water, and the big one, no littering. Pack it in, pack it out.

2 Likes

That was a reason why I joined a private range. I went to a BLM maintained range, a public range and a bunch of teenaged boys showed up with a box of tannerite and a busted up refrigerator. I unassed the AO really quick. :rofl:

2 Likes

We’ve had forest fires start with that stuff

I like to blow stuff up just like the next guy. But I don’t want anyone to die or 400,000 acres torched because of something I did

2 Likes

Since this topic is Big Brother…does anybody else who talks to others in person with their smartphone near by then access the internet only to get advertisement about the stuff you just talked about? Me and the Wife has that happened often.

5 Likes

Just happened today with me and the wife.

2 Likes

It happens

1 Like

It doesn’t bother me because sometimes I’ll get some shopping or travel ideas. What does creep me out is once a week around 1 and 3 AM my phone will say good morning…I turn it off and put it in the sock drawer. I’ve often been tempted to put it on a target stand in front my 590 loaded with slugs.

1 Like

Boy HowdyI I used to unplug an ex-gf’s “Hey Google” thing when she wasn’t around exactly because of that kind of crap. She was a comp-sci lecturer @ Clemson so it was useless to try to explain to her how much privacy was going right out the window with that thing. I keep my phone in a muffled pocket at best when I am not using it. What seems benevolent on the surface may not be as benevolent as you think once enough information is gathered on anyone. I am a huge history buff, J. Edgar Hoover felt as though what he was doing was for all the right reasons… right up until the point that he used the power of that information for his own purposes. I do not think for a moment that power doesn’t corrupt. Information has always been and will always be ammunition in the wrong hands. As we’ve all seen recently the definition of right and wrong is more fluid than I think it’s ever been throughout history.

3 Likes

Constantly. And if you want a chuckle, say “hey, google” wait for the beep, and then say “stop listening”. Youre told politely “lol no”

2 Likes

Right and supposedly echo only is activated on when you say ‘echo!’ Well how the hell did the damn thing hear you say ‘echo!’ to begin with? :thinking:

3 Likes

Soon Big Brother will have Echo, Siri and Alexa saying “Turn in your guns peasant” over and over again on a loop and you will comply…peasant.

1 Like

No, the Hell I won’t.

5 Likes

You one of them unruly peasants aren’t you? Well theres a fix for that to. You pay your bills? How’s your taxes? It would be ashamed if your A/C went out in the middle of summer or the IRS comes knocking. Still working? It would be ashamed if you got let go. Got a house note? Own some property? I see you like hanging out here on a gun forum…peasant. :rofl:

3 Likes

2022, we vote the scum out the swamp. 2024 we erase everything Biden the ruiner imposed on us.

6 Likes

You really think the Republicans will do that?

The country was going absolutely great from 2016 til the Democrats imported a virus. F Joe Biden.

4 Likes