Silver State Shooters

Greetings to all you NV enthusiasts!

The Nevada “hometown” category looked lonely, so I thought I would throw a topic onto the board. What I’d like to know from the shooters out there is where you like to head for target practice here in our great state. I’m located in Southern Nevada - Sin City to be more geographically precise - but all replies are welcomed. I have a feeling that I will learn a thing or two here.

Cheers, etc.
GS

1 Like

I go south to mile marker 12 off of Vegas Blvd. Not the run-down gravel road with holes large enough to swallow cars, but the paved road with the steel sign off to the left of the main road that takes you behind the mountains.

1 Like

Elko has an awesome outdoor range run by the county.

1 Like

LV myself, Most times out to the pro gun club out by Boulder city, or out to the Clark county shooting complex.

1 Like

I’m in northwest Vegas… I also frequent pro gun

1 Like

I’m in North West Vegas and I normally go to cold creek to shoot.

1 Like

Hi TimFast,

Out there at Cold Creek, I’ve only been out as far as the fire station. Where do you head from there?

Cheers, et.
GS

1 Like

Before the fire station is the shooting area. Just before the mountain that is near the paved road on the right there are dirt roads. 1 is before and 1 is after the mountain. There used to be signs that stated open shooting area.
Here is the first road. Dropped pin
https://goo.gl/maps/bciVD2ZcVCKjpAhy7
This is the second road

https://goo.gl/maps/ur7EXWR9ngCw7YEv6

1 Like

Fantastic info! You are the man, TimFast! This is precisely what I’ve been seeking. If this area looks like some of the less “authorized” areas I’ve come across, it may do with some cleanup. I’ll bring a couple bags and a rake and do some trashout work if it could use it.

Cheers, etc.
GS

3 Likes

Washoe County has a range with Range Officers about 23 miles north of Sparks on Pyramid Highway. There are also a couple indoor ranges in Reno that are handy for cold Winter days. Wouldn’t mind finding somewhere that’s free but reasonably close by.

1 Like

Douglas County. I shoot most often with the Northern Nevada IDPA at the Carson City range. Occasionally with the Western Nevada Pistol League at the Washoe Co. range. But when I want to set up some drills on my own it’s into the truck and out to a couple spots in BLM land.

1 Like

i know a free spot that the officers said i can shoot at legally that’s pretty decent but the ride out is pretty rough, where i made that video, its a little ways off Estates Rd

ALSO!! Competitions – Reno Guns & Range

im very excited!!

1 Like

Clark County Gun Range is one of the nicest public ranges anywhere I’ve ever lived. It would be nice if the County Commissioners would finally allow them to expand as per the original agreement.