Quality slide cover plates

I’m looking to replace the plastic slide cover plate with a metal one. I almost pulled the trigger on one from Amazon, but I didn’t trust it so here we are.

plastic slide cover plate… you mean the plate at the back of the slide that holds in the firing pin?

If so, you can find quality ones just about anywhere… alot of folks buy from Lonewolf for their glock supplies… but im sure brownells, primary arms, etc. would all have rear plates for the glock that are interchangable with the daggers rear plate.

2 Likes

This one is aluminum and is from Amazon. Fit just fine, installed easily. As others have said, you can find these plates from many sources. Just stay away from sellers whose names are all consonants and impossible to pronounce. You’ll know what I mean when you see it. Based on my shopping, you can probably find something you like for less than twenty bucks. Some places will custom engrave these covers so watch for that too, if it’s of interest.

5 Likes

Be careful with the ones with wording. A few years ago there was a self defensive situation where the AR used had a dust cover than said something like “come and take it” or something similar and the prosecutor used that as a reason to convict rather than allow it to be a self defense situation. They said the guy was “looking for a fight” iirc.

8 Likes

Just claim your democrat you’ll get off lmao

5 Likes

Good point. How sad, though, that the 1st Amendment was repealed while we were asleep. I can think of several witty retorts to threats of retaliation due to the words on our firearms (or tee shirts, or bumper stickers, etc.), any of which would probably get me arrested nowadays for inciting violence, or for hate speech, or some other similar stupidity. The snappy comebacks I have in mind might have to do with being accurate with that first self-defense shot, or not. :cowboy_hat_face: FYI: First Amendment here because I am focusing on the free speech part, not the firearms. Like I wrote in another post, the lawyers work tirelessly and greedily to ruin our lives.

3 Likes

I’ve seen some cool ones, some funny ones. I went with “matched furniture” Magpul grey.

My brother got me one for Christmas. Punisher logo. Still in a box. Can’t bring myself to sport that on my cc.

1 Like

Im thinking back that it may have been the punisher logo on that ar…

1 Like

I thought perhaps it was Molon Labe. Hypersensitive liberals are too literal. “Don’t Tread on Me” does not mean I think I’m a snake and plan to bite someone. “Smile and Wait for Flash” doesn’t mean I am going to tell some guy I’m going to take a photo of him and then shoot him in the face instead.

I had a friend who used to say “blow yourself up.” He didn’t mean kill yourself with explosives; he meant puff yourself up, referring to self-aggrandizement but there was sort of private, double-entendre joke about “self-enlargement” that we got a laugh from. I’ll let you just interpret that last part as you see fit.

It’s mostly meant in fun and not intended to harm anyone or wish them harm. I guess liberals really are as humorless as I perceive them to be. Must suck to be so bitter and miserable, so tiny-minded, that one can only derive any sort of happiness from trying to poison other peoples’ lives. Some day we’ll probably risk jail for laughing. Maybe I need to get a “Smile and Wait for Flash” tee shirt.

3 Likes

Just remember half the jury votes democrat…

4 Likes

Not around here.

Its fine its there for when war is on the home front. Do soldiers not mock up there weapons with slogans and such…no problem in being prepared to defend the country against threats foreign or within, its what im supposed to do according to our constitution.
Im just trying to abide by the document.

2 Likes

See prepared…

2 Likes

If it’s the same guy I’m thinking of, if was a cop in AZ, Philip Brailsford. Shot Daniel Shaver, which was a big controversy in itself, with and AR that had “You’re F__ked” on the dust cover. Judge ordered that withheld. Probably why he was acquitted.

3 Likes

I went with slide plates from NDZ Custom. They have a ton of designs, colors, and finishes to choose from. I went with an American flag engraved design.

2 Likes

Oh God, please no! In the world I grew up in those were only available in ladies sizes.
:face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

You should go on their little forums and read their conversations. I first did that back in the 90’s, in the AOL days. They say some interesting things when they forget they’re posting publicly. And by interesting, I mean extremely misanthropic.

1 Like

The irony did not escape me here. That also confirms my perception of hypocrisy, privately embracing the same hate one decries in others. I saw so much liberal stupidity on twitter and fakebook that I had to stop looking. I admire your fortitude, enduring an entire liberal discussion website! Not sure I could stand it. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Im looking for an “OEF combat vet” plate or any variant of that if anyone knows where i can snag that at