FN 509 Tactical 9mm Pistol, Black - 66-100527
Type: Consumer/Law Enforcement
Series/Collection: FN 509 Tactical BLK
Caliber/Gauge: 9mm Luger
Magazines: Includes two 10 rounds mags
Sight: Fixed 3-Dot Night
Sight Radius: 5.79"
Grip Type: Black Interchangeable Backstrap
Trigger Pull: 5.5 to 7.5 lb
Barrel Material: Cold Hammer Forged Stainless Steel
Frame Material: Polymer
Frame Finish: Black
Barrel Length: 4-1/2"
Overall Length: 7.9"
Weight: 27.9 oz
Overall Height: 5-3/4"
Overall Width: 1.35"
Barrel Type: Threaded
Twist Rate: 1:10" RH
Trigger Type: Striker-Fired
The FN 509 Tactical, an extension of the FN 509 family, is based on FN's submission pistol that the U.S. Army tested for its Modular Handgun Trials, but includes the significant improvements to the design that were implemented in the FN 509. The pistol features the company's U.S Patent No. 10/352,654 Low-Profile Optics Mounting System that enables the platform to accept more than ten commercially-available miniature red dot (MRD) optics that co-witness with the suppressor-height night sights and remain adaptable to future optics releases with no requirement of direct milling of the slide. The slide cap, for use when not shooting with an optic, has raised sight wings that protect iron sight alignment if the pistol is dropped or jostled, and provides a textured ramp for racking the slide against a belt loop, pant pocket or boot. An FN-signature 4-1/2 inches, cold hammer-forged, stainless-steel barrel with target crown, 1/2 inches x 28 threads that accept the bulk of 9mm suppressors available and thread cap with integrated O-ring to prevent loosening during use complete the top end. Lastly, the 24 round magazines, nearly identical in length to the pistol's slide, maximize ammunition capacity without impacting carry convenience.
- Striker-fired autoloader
- FN low profile optics mounting system
- Suppressor height Trijicon 3-dot green tritium night sights
- Slide - sight protecting slide cap, external extractor; loaded chamber indicator
- Barrel - recessed target crown, polished chamber and feed ramp, 1/2-28 threaded barrel, O-ring retention thread cap
- Frame - polymer construction with replaceable steel frame/slide rails, enhanced grip texture which enables faster follow-up shots in all conditions, interchangeable backstraps, MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail
- Operating controls - fully ambidextrous slide stop lever and magazine release
- Magazine - high visibility, low-friction follower; polymer base with black finish
- Ships with (2) interchangeable backstraps, (3) 10 round magazines, owner's manual, locking device, FN logo soft pistol case
- World-class, military-grade barrels
- For commercial, law enforcement, and military purpose
Q & A
These items are controlled by the U.S. Government and authorized for export only to the country of ultimate destination for use by the ultimate consignee or end-user(s) herein identified. They may not be resold, transferred, or otherwise disposed of, to any other country or to any person other than the authorized ultimate consignee or end-user(s), either in their original form or after being incorporated into other items, without first obtaining approval from the U.S. government or as otherwise authorized by U.S. law and regulations.
Magazines will be removed from firearms when shipping to states with magazine capacity restrictions.