H&K MR .223 Rem/5.56 AR-15 Rifle - MR556-A1
|Brand||Heckler and Koch|
- Series/Collection: MR
- Action: Semi-Automatic
- Stock Type: Adjustable, Retractable
- Trigger Type: 2-Stage
- Muzzle Type: Muzzle Brake
- Magazine Capacity: 30
- Caliber/Gauge: 223 Remington/5.56x45mm NATO
- Twist Rate: 1:7"
- Orientation: Right
- Safety: Ambidextrous
- Sight: Accessory Diopter/Rotary
- Barrel Material: Cold Hammer Forged Steel
- Receiver Material: Aluminum
- Stock Material: Synthetic
- Stock Finish: Black
- Barrel Length: 16-1/2"
- Overall Length: 33.9" to 37.68"
- Weight: 8.6 lb
- Width: 3.07"
- Height: 9.45"
- Trigger Pull: 7.64 lb
- Sight Radius: 14.6"
A direct descendent of the HK416, the MR556A1 is a semi-automatic rifle developed by Heckler & Koch as a premium level commercial/civilian firearm with match rifle capability. Like the HK416, the MR556A1 is a major product improvement over conventional AR-type carbines and rifles. The MR556A1 uses the HK proprietary gas piston operating system, employing a piston and a solid operating "pusher" rod in place of the gas tube normally found in AR15/M16/M4-style firearms. The unchromed barrel has an internal profile of 6 lands and grooves with a 1 in 7 inches (178 mm) twist. It is also moderately "swagged" with a slightly smaller internal diameter at the muzzle end than the chamber end. This feature has a positive effect on bullet accuracy and velocity. The thick, heavy contour 16.5 inches MR556A1 barrel also contributes to its excellent accuracy. The MR556A1 rifle includes a 10 or 30 round steel magazine, set of Troy Industries Micro mechanical sights, HK multi-tool, lock, and case.
- Equipped with rugged, adjustable TROY micro sights
- True 5.56 mm chamber
- MR series rifles use the same free floating rail system as the HK416/417, ensuring the barrel does not come in contact with the handguard
- Accuracy is unaffected by accessories mounted on the rails, even after the FFRS handguard is removed and reinstalled, no re-zeroing of sights is required
- 16-1/2 inches cold hammer forged barrel made of unlined cannon grade steel
- HK416 geometry magazine well for reliable function - works with a variety of magazines including aluminum US Mil-Spec and polymer EMAGs
- Ambidextrous safety/selector lever, unlike other AR-style rifles, HK MRs can be placed on safe even when the rifle is uncocked
- The HK-proprietary gas piston operating system prevents propellant gases and carbon fouling from entering into the receiver area, increasing the reliability of the rifle
- HK large palm swell target grip with storage compartment for optimum shooting, other accessory HK pistol grips available for custom fit, MR rifles can also accommodate standard grips made for M16/M4/AR15 type rifles
- MR series rifles are assembled in the USA of German and American made components
- For precision shooting, the six positon, adjustable MR buttstock can be tightlend and locked in place using an HK supplied tool, the HK adjustable buttstock has a storage compartment for extra batteries and other mission essential gear