Hornady GMX 8mm 180 gr Rifle Bullet, 50/box - 3234
- Series/Collection: GMX
- Caliber: 8mm
- Sectional Density: 0.246
- Weight: 180 grain
- Ballistic Coefficient: 0.42 (G1)
- Diameter: 0.323"
- Bullet Style: Gliding Metal Expanding
- Material: Copper Core, Copper Jacket, Polymer Tip
- Application: Medium Game (50 to 300 lb), Large Game (300 to 1500 lb)
- Packaging Quantity: 50/Box
Hard-hitting and deep-penetrating, the GMX bullet combines monolithic construction with pioneering ballistic design to meet the need for a premium, non-traditional bullet. Tougher than pure copper, the mono-metal copper alloy has been proven to shoot cleaner, foul less, and deliver consistent, even pressure curves. The tough alloy material routinely retains 95% or more of its original weight and expands up to 1.5 times its original diameter. Featuring a long, sleek profile with cannelures, the design reduces overall bearing surface and drag, while achieving some of the highest ballistic coefficients from monolithic, non-traditional bullets. Initiating expansion upon impact, the hard polymer tip drives into the hollow cavity at the front of the bullet, creating a mushroom-style projectile as it travels through the animal. Fully California compatible and appropriate for use in areas requiring the use of non-traditional bullets, GMX is ideal for any sized game, from antelope to moose.
- Copper alloy construction - 1-piece copper alloy won't separate and delivers devastating terminal performance, deep penetration and 95% weight retention
- Crimping cannelure and pressure relieving grooves - reduces both bearing surface and fouling and aids in consistent reloads
- High weight-retention - high weight retention is a significant benefit to the GMX and monolithic family of bullets, routinely retaining 95% or more of their original weight