Hornady InterBond 6.5mm 129 gr Rifle Bullet, 100/box - 26209
- Series/Collection: InterBond
- Caliber: 6.5mm
- Sectional Density: 0.264
- Weight: 129 grain
- Ballistic Coefficient: 0.485 (G1)
- Diameter: 0.264"
- Material: Lead Core, Copper Jacket, Polymer Tip
- Application: Medium Game (50 to 300 lb), Large Game (300 to 1500 lb)
- Packaging Quantity: 100/Box
The Hornady InterBond bullet uses a proprietary bonding process that holds the core and jacket together. Unlike partitioned or dual-core bullets, where the front core can separate from the bullet mass, the InterBond bullet holds together in a single destructive mass that delivers a deep, wide wound channel without over-penetrating. The bonding process, along with a thicker, stiffer jacket, allows InterBond bullets to retain more than 90% of their mass, even through tough hide and bones. Plus, they immediately expand to more than twice their diameter for maximum energy transfer.
- Polymer tip - the sleek polymer tip improves ballistic performance, accuracy and initiation of expansion
- Bonded core - solid, 1-piece lead core won't separate, the bonded design ensures the bullet achieves controlled expansion with virtually no fragmentation and the core will never separate from the jacket
- Thick, tough jacket - necessary to retain weight and contributes to expansion of over twice the bullet diameter