IWI Tavor SAR 5.56 NATO 16.5” Bullpup Rifle - TSB16
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Action: Semi-auto
- Operating System: Closed rotating bolt, long gas stroke on piston head
- Magazine Type: Polymer NATO STANAG type
- Magazine Capacity: 30 rounds
- Barrel Material: Cold hammer forged, CrMoV, chrome lined
- Barrel Length: 16.5"
- Overall Length: 26.125"
- Weight: 7.9 lbs.
- Rifling: Right hand, 6 grooves, 1:7 inch twist
- Stock Color: Black
- Stock Type: Reinforced polymer bullpup configuration
- Sights: Folding front sight (blade) and rear sight (aperture)
First introduced in the US in the spring of 2014, the Tavor SAR won immediate acclaim and achieved record sales as the first bullpup centerfire rifle to win large acceptance in the US market, due largely in part to its pedigree as the battle proven carbine of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). This is the toughest, most compact, most reliable semi-auto centerfire rifle you can own. NRA Publications American Rifleman Magazine honored the Tavor SAR with the coveted Golden Bullseye “2014 Rife of the Year” award.
The Tavor SAR Flattop incorporates a full-length Picatinny style top rail in addition to the standard short rail mounted at a 45° angle opposite the charging handle.