Kershaw Bareknuckle Drop Point Folder Knife, 3.5", Gray - 7777
- Type: Drop Point
- Series/Collection: Bareknuckle
- Blade Material: 14C28N Sandvik Stainless Steel
- Handle Material: 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Edge Type: Plain (Straight)
- Blade Length: 3-1/2"
- Handle Length: 4.7"
- Overall Length: 8.2"
- Finish: Stonewashed Blade, Anodized Handle
- Color: Gray
- Weight: 3.4 oz
If you already like the Kershaw Natrix, but would like it even more if it were built in the USA, your wish is granted. Like the other knives inspired by the original Zero Tolerance 0777, the new Bareknuckle, model 7777, is based on the style of our original award-winning design, but this one offers a slimmed down profile and upgraded materials. The blade is Sandvik 14C28N, a blade steel that was originally created through a Kershaw - Sandvik partnership to produce this high-performance steel. Increased nitrogen in the formula enables 14C28N to provide excellent corrosion resistance and the ability to be hardened to 58 - 60 Rockwell. Sandvik calls 14C28N the overall highest performing knife steel in the world that still maintains the productivity benefit of being fine-blankable. The Bareknuckle comes with handsome, anodized-aluminum handles in matte gray. And like our popular Knockout, the Bareknuckle features Kershaw's patented sub - frame lock to lighten in-pocket weight and to ensure safe blade lock up while in use. The blade opens manually with Kershaw's KVT ball-bearing system and a flipper. For an additional touch of style, the blade rotates out of the handle on an oversized pivot. We complete the Bareknuckle with a reversible, deep-carry pocketclip for convenient carry on the left or right.
- KVT ball-bearing opening
- Flipper - may be used on either manual or assisted opening knives, the flipper is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle
- Sub - frame lock - one side of a lightweight handle, or frame, is fitted with a steel plate integral to the frame, it is the part of the frame that moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use, sub-frame lock knives can be larger and lighter knife yet with an extremely secure lock
- Reversible deep-pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries, carry pocketclip (right/left, tip-up)
- Manual - there is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife, it opens the classic, old-school way
- Made in USA