Kershaw Launch 9 Drop Point Folder Knife, 1.8", Black - 7250
- Type: Drop Point
- Series/Collection: Launch 9
- Blade Material: CPM154 Stainless Steel
- Handle Material: 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Edge Type: Plain (Straight)
- Blade Length: 1.8"
- Handle Length: 3-1/4"
- Overall Length: 5"
- Finish: Working Finish Blade, Black Anodized Handle
- Color: Black
- Weight: 1.6 oz
The popularity of Kershaw's Launch 4 has launched several new smaller automatics for 2019. This is the Launch 9. And while it may look like a smaller version of our best-selling Launch 2, the Launch 9 has its own special appeal. Its compact size makes it easy to carry - and appropriate in a variety of situations where you wouldn't pull out a more aggressive-looking knife. It offers a refined look, almost a gentleman's automatic. But only "almost." The Launch 9's drop-point blade is CPM 154 with a "working" finish. This finish is somewhat rougher than stonewashed and meant to easily hide the scuffs and scratches that a working knife earns as it does its job. CPM 154 steel takes and holds an excellent edge, offers good corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and toughness. Like the rest of the Launch series, the Launch 9's handle is anodized aluminum. In this case, it's anodized in basic matte black for everyday good looks. A push-button on the handle opens the knife quickly. Push the button again to release the blade to fold it back into the handle. The Launch 9 features an integrated backspacer with a lanyard hole - perfect for a paracord attachment - and a reversible (left/right, tip-up) pocketclip.
- Integrated backspacer with lanyard hole
- Push-button open
- Push-button lock release - found on the Kershaw folding saw, it locks the saw blade open during use, then releases with the push of a button for storage
- Reversible pocketclip (right/left, tip-up) - pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries
- Made in USA