Ruger 16" AR15 5.56 Adjustable Rapid Deploy Rear Sight Rifle, Black - 8500
- Model: AR-556
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / .223 Rem
- Capacity: 30 rounds
- OAL: 32.25" - 35.50"
- Height: 8.00"
- Weight: 6.5 lbs
- Barrel Length: 16.10"
- Barrel Type:
- Thread Pattern: 1/2" x 28
- Twist: 1:8" RH
- Trigger Type: Single-stage
- Length Of Pull: 10.25" - 13.50"
- Bolt Material: 9310 alloy steel
- Receiver Material: 7075-T6 aluminum forging
- Receiver Finish: Black; Type III hard coat anodized
- Stock: Black synthetic, collapsible
- Front Sight: Adjustable Post
- Rear Sight: Adjustable Ruger Rapid Deploy
- Includes: Ruger flash suppressor, (1) 30-round Magpul PMAG, (1) front sight tool
The Ruger AR-556 is a standard gas impingement operated AR15 platform rifle featuring a milled gas block, located at a carbine-length (M4) position for improved balance and handling. Multiple attachment points include a QD socket and bayonet lug, for many sling and accessory mounting options. The AR-556 comes equipped with the Ruger Rapid Deploy folding rear sight which provides windage adjustability, and pairs with the elevation adjustable front sight for a solid, reliable aiming system. The six-position telescoping M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the file to be properly sized for different shooters, or varying levels of outerware or defensive gear. Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector, and is Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability. The medium contour cold hammer-forged barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. The 1:8" twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains, and the 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. Ammunition. M4 feed ramps provide improved operational reliability, and the matte black oxide finish reduces glare and provides corrosion resistance. A Ruger® flash suppressor is provided, and the 1/2"-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
• Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting
• Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control
• Handguards are made from heat-resistant glass-filled nylon for shooting comfort and durability
• Six-position telescoping M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec Buffer tube
• Shot peened and pressure (proof) tested bolt to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability
• Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance
• Gas block features serations on the angled face, providing a low-glare surface
• Patent pending Barrel Nut and Delta Ring are designed for one person handguard removal and installation. The design accepts most standard carbine length handguards. The barrel nut uses a standard wrench and can be swapped with a Mil-Spec barrel nut if desired
• Rear sight can be folded out of teh way to make room for optics, but can be instantly redeployed if needed
• Front sight post is elevation adjustable, and a front sight tool is included
• The A2-style F-height allows co-witness with many optics
Q & A
All NFA Rules ApplyThese items are controlled by the U.S. Government and authorized for export only to the country of ultimate destination for use by the ultimate consignee or end-user(s) herein identified. They may not be resold, transferred, or otherwise disposed of, to any other country or to any person other than the authorized ultimate consignee or end-user(s), either in their original form or after being incorporated into other items, without first obtaining approval from the U.S. government or as otherwise authorized by U.S. law and regulations.
Magazines will be removed from firearms when shipping to states with magazine capacity restrictions.