Steyr Arm AUG A3 M1 .223 Rem/5.56 Semi-Automatic AR-15 Rifle w/ Extended Rail - AUGM1BLKNATOEXT
- Series/Collection: AUG A3 M1
- Action: Semi-Automatic
- Magazine Type: Polymer Double-Stack Detachable Box
- Stock Type: Fixed Bullpup
- Trigger Type: Single-Stage
- Muzzle Type: Muzzle Brake
- Magazine Capacity: 30
- Caliber/Gauge: 223 Remington/5.56x45mm NATO
- Twist Rate: 1:9"
- Orientation: Right
- Safety: 2-Position Trigger Blocking
- Barrel Material: Cold Hammer Forged
- Receiver Material: Aircraft Aluminum
- Stock Material: Synthetic
- Barrel Finish: Mannox Lined (Nitride)
- Receiver Finish: Hard Eloxal Coated
- Stock Finish: Black Nato
- Barrel Length: 16-3/8"
- Length of Pull: 15"
- Overall Length: 28.15"
- Weight: 7.8 lb
- Barrel Type: Quick Interchangeable, Heavy
- Drop at Comb: 0.82"
- Recoil Pad: Elastomer, 0.3" T
- Pull Weight: 9 lb 8 oz
- Operating System: Adjustable, Short Stroke, Gas Piston
- Application: Target Shooting, Military and Law Enforcement, Multi-Gun Competition
The iconic bullpup-style Steyr AUG has been one of the most recognizable rifles in the world since its adoption by the Austrian army in 1977 and is now available for civilian use as the Steyr AUG A3 M1, a semi-convertible ambidextrous rifle platform with an adjustable short-stroke, gas-piston operation chambered for 5.56x45mm (.223 Remington) ammunition. The multi-configurable M1 variant of the AUG A3 platform is the latest generation of the venerated bullpup platform. The AUG A3 M1 Optics version has a more traditional AUG scope tube with exceptionally bright and clear optical elements, modernized with the addition of three Picatinny rail sections to accommodate accessories like a close-quarters holographic sight. The rail and optics platforms on all three AUG A3 M1 versions are interchangeable via the three base screws that thread from the underside of the top of the receiver. The AUG A3 M1 boasts an overall length of just 28.15 inches, including its 16 inches heavy barrel, making it at least 8 inches shorter than an M4 carbine with a comparable-length barrel. The short-stroke gas-piston operation of the AUG runs exceptionally cleaner by nature because all of the operational exhaust gas vents out of the front of the rifle. The AUG's matching, yet opposed, stainless steel operation and guide rods affixed to the bolt carrier glide effortlessly inside the receiver for unparalleled smoothness in operation as well as exceptional reliability. Dual gas-adjustment settings ensure its operation, even with the dirtiest ammunition and in adverse conditions. The AUG A3 M1 has all the classic features and benefits that established it as the pinnacle of modern rifle design, including expedited disassembly as well as simple conversion to left-hand operation, which requires replacement of the standard bolt with the optional left-eject bolt and swapping the ejection-port cover. It also features a quick-change barrel with a collapsible forward grip as well as a two-position cross-bolt safety that locks the trigger. The AUG A3 M1 stock, cocking piece and forward grip are made of highly durable synthetic.
- 3-position adjustable gas regulator
- Included owner's manual and (1) 30 round magazine
- Quick interchangeable barrel design
- Folding fore grip