Taylors & Company 1892 Alaskan Chrome Takedown .357 Mag Lever Action Rifle, Blk - 920.401
|Brand||Taylors and Company|
- Series/Collection: 1892 Alaskan Chrome Takedown
- Action: Lever
- Stock Type: Padded Stock End
- Magazine Capacity: 5
- Caliber/Gauge: 357 Magnum
- Orientation: Right
- Sight: Integrated Peep Rail Rear, Fiber Optic Front
- Receiver Material: Steel
- Stock Material: Walnut
- Barrel Finish: Matte Chrome
- Receiver Finish: Matte Chrome
- Stock Finish: Black
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Overall Length: 34"
- Weight: 5.9 lb
- Barrel Type: Half Octagonal
The Alaskan combines tradition with modern technology creating one of the fastest handling 1892 Lever Action Rifles designed specifically for the hunting market. The Alaskan delivers serious knock-down power when using Hornady Leverevolution ammunition which the action is specifically tuned for, along with it's time-tested 1892 action design. These rifles feature a durable matte chrome finish and D shaped lever. The sights include a rear weaver rail peep sight and front red fiber optic, while the half-octagonal barrel is drilled and tapped for Scout Mount optics and Weaver 61 bases. The barrel is also threaded 5/8 x 24 and comes with a thread protector installed. The stock and forend are walnut wood with a black over-molded rubber soft touch finish and rubber butt pad. The take down action disassembly is the same an original 1892 take down disassembly and has interrupted threads on the receiver to allow removal of the barrel. To take down the rifle the action must be levered open, the disassembly lever on the magazine tube used to unscrew the tube until it is free from the receiver, then while holding the tube slightly up from the action twist the barrel 90 degree so that it is perpendicular to the receiver (large muzzle brakes or suppressors may need to be removed before disassembly).
- Easy reassembly with no tools necessary
- Over-molded black rubber soft touch coating
- D-shape lever
- Skinner express style rear sight system
- Barrel drilled and tapped for optics