Taylors & Company C. Mason - 1851 Navy 7.5" .38 Spl Revolver, Case Hardened - 0925
|Brand||Taylors and Company|
- Series/Collection: C. Mason Revolver - 1851 Navy
- Action: Single
- Caliber/Gauge: 38 Special
- Capacity: 6
- Sight: Blade Front, Fixed Rear
- Grip Type: Walnut
- Frame Material: Forged Steel
- Barrel Finish: Blue
- Frame Finish: Case Hardened
- Barrel Length: 7-1/2"
- Overall Length: 13.18"
- Weight: 2.7 lb
- Cylinder Finish: Blue
With patents for the conversion of percussion revolvers, Colt employees Charles Richards and William Mason cut off the cap-and-ball cylinders at the back and installed a conversion ring to accept cartridges. These conversion revolvers were favorites then and are enjoying popularity again as favorite reproductions. The Navy version of the C. Mason revolvers features a brass backstrap and triggerguard, octagonal barrel with brass post front sight, and a smaller-size Navy grip. All C. Mason models feature a case-hardened forged steel frame, blued finish parts, modern ejector rod, and hammer with notched rear sight.
- Case hardened frame, brass back strip and trigger guard, octagon barrel
- Brass post front sight, rear sight notch in hammer