Winchester 1873 Short Rifle .44-40 Win Lever Action Rifle, Satin Oil - 534200140
local_shipping FREE SHIPPING
- Series/Collection: 1873 Short Rifle
- Action: Lever
- Magazine Type: Full-Length Tubular
- Stock Type: Straight Grip
- Trigger Type: Standard
- Muzzle Type: Crowned
- Magazine Capacity: 10
- Caliber/Gauge: 44-40 Winchester
- Twist Rate: 1:36"
- Orientation: Right
- Safety: Hammer
- Sight: Semi-Buckhorn Rear, Bead Front, Drilled and Tapped
- Barrel Material: Steel
- Receiver Material: Steel
- Stock Material: Black Walnut
- Barrel Finish: Brushed Polish
- Receiver Finish: Brushed Polish
- Stock Finish: Satin Oil
- Barrel Length: 20"
- Length of Pull: 13"
- Overall Length: 39"
- Weight: 7 lb
- Drop at Heel: 3"
- Chamber Finish: Polished
- Barrel Type: Contour Sporter
- Recoil Pad: Carbine Metal Strap
- Trigger Guard Material: Steel
- Drop at Comb: 1-3/4"
- Trigger Finish: Brushed Polish
- Trigger Material: Steel
- Bolt Slide Finish: Brushed Polish
- Wood Grade: Grade I
The Short Rifle that's long on adventure. The model 1873 is widely credited as being "The Gun that Won the West". Chambered in the popular handgun calibers of the day, it's been produced in carbine, rifle and musket models. Cowboy Action Shooters love the reliable model 1873 because it fires the same ammo as their revolver. Now you can own the real thing. This is a genuine Winchester Repeating Arms model 73 with an oil-finished walnut stock, classic blued steel crescent buttplate and a 20 inches round barrel, just like the original. If you're the type of collector or hunter who won't settle for second best or a copy of a copy, fill your hands with this magnificent rifle, saddle up and blaze your trail into the sunset. The features are all there. Walnut straight grip stock with a satin oil finish that's velvet smooth to the touch. Classic rifle style forearm with blued steel cap for the timeless look and feel of the original model 73. Blued steel crescent buttplate slips into your shoulder for a solid hold. Round 20 inches barrel with a full-length magazine. Tube holds 10 rounds of 357 Magnum or 11 rounds of 38 Special ammunition. Semi-buckhorn rear sights with Marble Arms gold bead front sight gets you on target quickly. Steel loading gate for smoother loading. Receiver rear tang is drilled and tapped for optional tang-mounted rear sight for a more precise sight picture (sight not included). Classic configuration of the lever-action model 1873 rifle, with straight grip stock, rifle style crescent buttplate and forearm cap, 20 inches round barrel, Marlble Arms gold bead front sight and semi-buckhorn adjustable rear sight.
- Walnut straight grip stock with a satin oil finish that's velvet smooth to the touch
- Classic rifle-style forearm with blued steel cap for the timeless look and feel of the original model 1873
- Blued steel crescent buttplate slips into your shoulder for a solid hold
- Semi-buckhorn rear sight and Marble Arms gold bead front sight get you on target quickly
- Steel loading gate for smoother loading
- Brass cartridge lifter for more reliable feeding, even during the heat of cowboy action competition
- Receiver top tang is drilled and tapped for an optional tang-mounted rear sight for a more precise sight picture