Winchester 1892 Short Rifle .44 Rem Mag Lever Action Rifle, Satin - 534162124
- Series/Collection: 1892 Short Rifle
- Action: Lever
- Magazine Type: Full-Length Tubular
- Stock Type: Straight Grip
- Trigger Type: Standard
- Magazine Capacity: 10
- Caliber/Gauge: 44 Remington Magnum
- Twist Rate: 1:26"
- Orientation: Right
- Safety: Tang
- Sight: Buckhorn Rear, Bead Front
- Barrel Material: Steel
- Receiver Material: Steel
- Stock Material: Black Walnut
- Barrel Finish: Brushed Polish
- Receiver Finish: Brushed Polish
- Stock Finish: Satin
- Barrel Length: 20"
- Length of Pull: 12-3/4"
- Overall Length: 37-1/2"
- Weight: 6 lb
- Drop at Heel: 1-3/4"
- Chamber Finish: Polished
- Barrel Type: Contour Sporter
- Recoil Pad: Crescent Metal
- Trigger Guard Material: Steel
- Drop at Comb: 1-1/8"
- Trigger Finish: Brushed Polish
- Trigger Material: Steel
- Bolt Slide Finish: Brushed Polish
- Wood Grade: Grade I
The perfect lever action of all time. It is considered by many as the smoothest, most compact, handiest and most beautiful lever action ever offered by Winchester. The model 1892 (or "The 92" as most of us call it) was Winchester's follow-up to the amazing model 1886. The 86 was designed for large hunting/military calibers of the 1800s, like 45 to 70. Soon after it's development, the call went out for a new (but more compact) lever rifle suitable for pistol calibers. Soon John Moses Browning produced the model 1892 prototype for Winchester - and the rest is history. "Classic" does not fully do it justice. This model 92 Short Rifle is in a classic round barrel configuration in two excellent calibers - the 357 is suitable for hunting and Cowboy Action duties, while the 44 Rem. Mag. makes its mark as a great caliber for hunting in brushy conditions with fast moving game. Attention to detail is something you will notice like the 1-piece steel crescent buttplate just like the originals, and a Marbles gold bead front sight that adds a dose of traditional class. This rifle features a convenient rear tang safety - but don't despair, companies (like Marble's) offers one made to fit should you desire to add a tang sight later. Compact, fast and sweet to shoot. Lever-action model 1892 rifle with straight grip stock, forearm cap, crescent buttplate, and 20 inches barrel.
- Receiver - steel, gloss blued finish
- Barrel - round 20 inches, gloss blued
- Action - lever, tubular magazine
- Stock - oil finish, grade I walnut, straight grip, crescent buttplate, short forearm
- Marble's gold bead front sight, buckhorn style rear sight, tang safety