Winchester 70 Featherweight Compact 6.5 Crd Bolt Action Rifle, Stain - 535201289
- Series/Collection: 70 Featherweight Compact
- Action: Bolt
- Magazine Type: Hinged Floor Plate
- Stock Type: Checkered with Schnabel Forearm
- Trigger Type: MOA
- Muzzle Type: Recessed Target Crown
- Magazine Capacity: 4
- Caliber/Gauge: 6.5 Creedmoor
- Twist Rate: 1:8"
- Orientation: Right
- Safety: 3-Position
- Sight: Drilled and Tapped
- Barrel Material: Steel
- Receiver Material: Steel
- Stock Material: Black Walnut
- Barrel Finish: Brushed Polish
- Receiver Finish: Brushed Polish
- Stock Finish: Stain
- Barrel Length: 20"
- Length of Pull: 13"
- Overall Length: 39-1/2"
- Weight: 6 lb
- Drop at Heel: 3/4"
- Chamber Finish: Polished
- Barrel Type: Contour Featherweight
- Recoil Pad: Pachmayr Decelerator
- Checkering: Cut 20 LPI
- Trigger Guard Material: Alloy
- Floor Plate Material: Steel
- Drop at Comb: 1/2"
- Sling Swivel Studs: Gloss Blue
- Trigger Finish: Brushed Polish
- Trigger Material: Stainless Steel
- Bolt Slide Finish: Jeweled
- Pistol Grip Cap: Gloss Polymer
- Wood Grade: Grade I
The Featherweight Compact carries on the model 70 Featherweight heritage. It does it in a deluxe, refined model that is an excellent choice for smaller-framed shooters, ladies, young people or hunters who prefer a compact, light mountain rifle. Its comfortable, smaller platform instills confidence in shooters because it fits them better than a full-sized rifle. The Compact model 70 action has Pre-64 Controlled Round Feeding, the easy-to-use 3-position safety and a jeweled bolt body with knurled bolt handle. The MOA trigger system is easily adjustable and has no take-up, creep or overtravel. The Featherweight Compact with its 20 inches barrel and fast, flat-shooting calibers starts young shooters off right with a rifle possessing all the deluxe features of the Featherweight. It's a rifle to train with, hunt with, have fun with and pass down to the next generation. Small, but feature packed. The Featherweight Compact is sized to let younger and smaller-statured shooters requiring a shorter length of pull to experience the Winchester mystique for themselves. All the features of the model 70 Featherweight with a shorter proportioned stock and barrel - for smaller shooters or hunters desiring a lightweight packable rifle. Satin finish checkered walnut stock with Schnabel forearm, lighter profile Featherweight barrel, Pachmayr recoil pad, bolt-action controlled round feed.
- Satin finish walnut stock with shorter length of pull, classic Featherweight cut checkering and schnabel forearm create the iconic featherweight look
- Polished metal surfaces add style and elegance
- 1-piece alloy bottom metal adds rigidity for better accuracy
- Forged steel short action receiver with integral recoil lug is bedded front and rear to eliminate shifts in zero for exceptional long-range accuracy
- Pre-64 style controlled round feed with claw extractor fully controls the cartridge from magazine, to chamber, to ejection
- 3-position safety shows safety status at a glance
- 20 inches cold hammer forged free floating Featherweight profile barrel for years of pinpoint accuracy
- Recessed target crown enhances accuracy and protects the rifling
- MOA trigger system with zero take-up, zero creep and zero overtravel gives you outstanding accuracy
- Blade-type ejector for full control of ejection force
- Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad for optimal protection against felt recoil
- Action length - short action