Berger Bullets VLD Hunting 6mm 105 gr BT Rifle Bullet, 100/box - 24528
- Series/Collection: VLD Hunting
- Caliber: 6mm
- Sectional Density: 0.254
- Weight: 105 grain
- Ballistic Coefficient: 0.545 (G1), 0.278 (G7)
- Diameter: 0.243"
- Bullet Style: Secant Very Low Drag Boat Tail
- Material: Lead Core, Copper Jacket
- Application: Hunting
- Packaging Quantity: 100/Box
- Overall Length: 1.223"
- Base To Ogive Distance: 0.598"
- Nose Length: 0.698"
- Boat Tail Length: 0.19"
The Berger VLD Hunting Bullet is one of the flattest shooting hunting bullets in the industry. VLD Hunting Bullets are identical in design to VLD Target bullets except utilize a thinner J4 Precision jacket for rapid expansion during game applications. VLD Hunting Bullets are designed to penetrate 2 to 3 inches and then begin to expand and create a massive wound cavity up to 15 inches. The hydrostatic shock causes most animals to drop immediately. VLD Hunting Bullets incoporate a secant ogive design which allows the bullet to experience less drag as it travels to the target. This reduced drag is why the VLD shoots flatter, experiences less wind-drift, and has a higher retained velocity than all others. A favorite load technique for the VLD's is touching the rifling for single-shot applications, although some rifles may prefer as much as 0.150 inches from the rifling. Berger VLD Hunting Bullets are extremely popular for long range hunting applications. Built with highly consistent J4 Precision Bullet jackets, most favored by custom bullet makers.
- Shoots flatter and is less affected by wind than other bullets
- Made with a long secant ogive for reduced drag
- Boat tail produces higher velocity retention, providing more energy on impact
- J4 hunting jacket
- Twist rate - 1:8 inches or faster