Berger Bullets VLD Target 6mm 105 gr BT Rifle Bullet, 100/box - 24429
- Series/Collection: VLD Target
- Caliber: 6mm
- Sectional Density: 0.254
- Weight: 105 grain
- Ballistic Coefficient: 0.517 (G), 0.265 (G7)
- Diameter: 0.243"
- Bullet Style: Secant Very Low Drag Boat Tail
- Material: Lead Core, Copper Jacket
- Application: Target
- Packaging Quantity: 100/Box
- Overall Length: 1.222"
- Base To Ogive Distance: 0.619"
- Nose Length: 0.68"
- Boat Tail Length: 0.216"
The Berger VLD Target Bullet is one of the flattest shooting bullets on the market today. Emulated by all others, the VLD Target bullet incoporates a secant ogive design which allows the bullet to experience less drag as it travels to the target. This reduced drag is why the VLD shoots flatter, experiences less wind-drift, and has a higher retained velocity than all others. A favorite load technique for the VLD's is touching the rifling for single-shot applications, although some rifles may prefer as much as 0.150 inches from the rifling. Berger VLD Target Bullets are extremely popular for competitive long range applications. Built with highly consistent J4 Precision Bullet jacket, most favored by custom bullet makers.
- Made with a long secant ogive for reduced drag
- Shoots flatter and is less affected by wind than other bullets
- J4 target jacket
- Twist rate - 1:8 inches or faster