FN America FN M249S PARA 5.56 Semi-Automatic AR-15 Rifle - 56509
- Type: Law Enforcement
- Series/Collection: FN M249S PARA
- Action: Semi-Automatic
- Magazine Type: Belt
- Stock Type: Buttstock
- Muzzle Type: Muzzle Brake
- Magazine Capacity: 200 Belt or 30
- Caliber/Gauge: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Twist Rate: 1:7"
- Orientation: Right
- Safety: Crossbolt
- Sight: Ghost Ring
- Barrel Material: Cold Hammer Forged Steel
- Receiver Material: Steel
- Barrel Finish: Chrome
- Stock Finish: Black
- Barrel Length: 16.1"
- Overall Length: 31-1/2" to 37"
- Weight: 16 lb
- Operating System: Closed Bolt
- Overall Height: 9-1/2"
- Trigger Pull: 4 to 6.5 lb
Own the newest addition to the military collector series the FN M249S PARA, a semi-auto version of the currently contracted FN M249 PARA. The PARA was designed for airborne, armored infantry and close quarters combat (CQC) operations with a shorter barrel and collapsible buttstock. It retains all of the features of the FN M249 Saw and can be field converted back to the standard model configuration in just 30 seconds.
- Robust gas piston system
- Receiver - formed steel frame
- Receiver - folding steel bipod
- Receiver - folding carry handle
- Receiver - flip up feed tray cover and feed mechanism
- Receiver - top cover integrated MIL-STD-1913 rail systems for optics
- Barrel - hard chrome plated bore and chamber
- Quick change barrel capability
- Barrel - removable heatshield
- Operating controls - crossbolt safety
- Operating controls - redesigned trigger mechanism for semi-automatic fire
- Operating controls - non-reciprocating charging handle
- Feed system - standard disintegrating link belt-fed
- Feed system - under mounted polymer ammunition container helps keep ammunition cleaner for reduced wear and added reliability
- Stock - rotating, telescoping buttstock assembly with hydraulic recoil buffer system and non-slip buttplate