FNH FN SCAR 17S 7.62 Semi-Automatic Rifle, Flat Dark Earth - 98541-1
- Series/Collection: FN SCAR 17S
- Action: Semi-Automatic, Short Stroke Gas Piston
- Magazine Type: Low Friction Follower
- Stock Type: Telescoping Side Folding with Adjustable Cheekpiece
- Trigger Type: Standard
- Muzzle Type: Muzzle Brake
- Magazine Capacity: 20+1
- Caliber/Gauge: 7.62x51mm NATO
- Twist Rate: 1:12"
- Orientation: Right
- Safety: Lever
- Sight: Adjustable Flip-Up Iron Front and Rear
- Barrel Material: Cold Hammer Forged
- Receiver Material: Aluminum
- Stock Material: Polymer
- Barrel Finish: Flat Dark Earth
- Receiver Finish: Hard Anodized Monolithic
- Stock Finish: Varying Colors of FDE
- Barrel Length: 16.2"
- Overall Length: 28-1/2" to 38-1/2"
- Weight: 8 lb
- Barrel Type: Free Floating
The FN SCAR is the semi-auto only version of the newest service rifle e of U.S. special operators. Light, fast-handling and quick shooting, the FN SCAR 16S is chambered in 5.56x45mm and features a free-floating, cold hammer-forged Mil-Spec barrel with chrome-lined bore and chamber. The FN SCAR 17S is chambered in 7.62x51mm and features a free-floating, cold hammer-forged Mil-Spec barrel with chrome-lined bore and chamber. Fully-ambidextrous operating controls on both models instantly adapt to any shooter and any shooting position. The receiver-integrated MIL-STD 1913 optical rail and three accessory rails enable the mounting of scopes or electronic sights, plus tactical lights and lasers. The telescoping, side-folding polymer stock is fully adjustable for comb height and length of pull.
- Short stroke gas piston operation
- Monolithic receiver
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory rails at 3, 6, 9, and 12 o clock positions
- Adjustable flip-up iron sights
- A2 style pistol grip
- Charging handle may be mounted on right or left side
- Enlarged trigger guard for easier access when wearing gloves
- Composite polymer trigger module
- Low-friction follower
Q & A
These items are controlled by the U.S. Government and authorized for export only to the country of ultimate destination for use by the ultimate consignee or end-user(s) herein identified. They may not be resold, transferred, or otherwise disposed of, to any other country or to any person other than the authorized ultimate consignee or end-user(s), either in their original form or after being incorporated into other items, without first obtaining approval from the U.S. government or as otherwise authorized by U.S. law and regulations.
Magazines will be removed from firearms when shipping to states with magazine capacity restrictions.