Hornady 30 Cal (.308) FTX Bullets - 160gr - 100gr - 30396
- Brand: Hornady
- Model: FTX
- Type: Reloading Bullets
- Bullet Caliber: 30 Caliber
- Weight: 160 gr
- Bullet Tip Material: Polymer
- Bullet Diameter: .308
- Bullet Type: Flex Tip eXpanding
- Cannelure: Yes
- Coefficient:: .395
- Core Material: Lead
- Jacket Material: Copper
- Sectional Density: .241
- Quantity: 100
Hornady® FTX® bullets revolutionized lever gun ballistics, creating a new level of performance for these popular firearms. Lever gun enthusiasts can now harness the accuracy, power and long-range performance of a tipped bullet that's safe to load in tubular magazines.
Hornady® offers the same Flex Tip® technology for handguns that revolutionized lever guns. Typical hollow point pistol bullets deliver good performance at modest velocities, but have a tendency to expand too quickly and sacrifice penetration at the higher velocities achieved with lever action guns.
- PATENTED FLEX TIP® BULLET TECHNOLOGY: Upon impact, the soft tip compresses into the bullet, initiating immediate expansion across a wide range of velocities. Safe to shoot in tubular magazines as well as any other firearm.
- INTERLOCK® RING: The one-piece, high antimony lead core of the FTX® is mechanically locked to the jacket with an InterLock ring. This, along with a specially designed jacket, results in reliable performance and maximum weight retention for deep penetration on large or heavy-bodied game animals.
- BALLISTICALLY EFFICIENT SECANT OGIVE: Pioneered by Hornady,® the secant ogive profile delivers stability, flat trajectories and amazing accuracy.
- SPECIALLY ENGINEERED JACKET: The heavy jacket over the shank of the bullet combined with our proven InterLock® design controls expansion and enhances accuracy.