Hornady 45 Cal (.451) XTP Bullets - 300gr - 50ct - 45235
- Brand: Hornady
- Type: Reloading Bullets
- Model: XTP
- Caliber: 45 Caliber
- Weight: 300 gr
- Series: Mag
- Bullet Diameter: .452
- Bullet Type: Hollow Point (HP)
- Coefficient: .200
- Core Material: Lead
- Jacket Material: Copper
- Sectional Density: .210
- Quantity: 50
Designed for personal defense and medium-game hunting, XTP® Mag™ bullets provide the same controlled expansion, accuracy and dependability that have made XTP® bullets a favorite among target shooters and hunters alike. But XTP® Mag™ bullets are designed to take things a step further. Withstanding the higher velocities and impacts of ultra-powerful, magnum handguns while delivering even deeper penetration than standard XTP® bullets.
- CONTROLLED EXPANSION: Precise serrations divide the XTP® Mag™ into symmetrical sections, strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities.
- NO EXPOSED LEAD: The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics.
- SWAGED CORE: Total uniformity of core density ensures balanced expansion as well as in-flight stability.
- DRAWN GILDING METAL JACKET: Expansion is controlled by varying jacket thickness down the length of the XTP® Mag™, providing a definite advantage over plated bullets which have a uniform jacket thickness over the entire bullet.
- CANNELURE: On revolver bullets, the cannelure helps achieve accurate, consistent crimping. All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet.