Kershaw Barricade Clip Point Folder Knife, 3.5", Black - 8650
- Type: Clip Point
- Series/Collection: Barricade
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Handle Material: Glass Filled Nylon
- Edge Type: Plain (Straight)
- Blade Length: 3-1/2"
- Handle Length: 5"
- Overall Length: 8-1/2"
- Finish: Black Oxide Blackwash Blade
- Color: Black
- Weight: 4.5 oz
The Kershaw Barricade is a value-priced rescue knife with standout features and standout color. A bulwark against unpreparedness, the Barricade has all the key features needed in an emergency knife all wrapped up in a bright orange "see me" package. A carbide glass breaker is built into the butt end. The sculpted glass-filled nylon handle offers a secure grip whether in glass-striking position or when using the blade. If needed to free a trapped victim, the built-in cord cutter will zip through seat belts and cord quickly and easily. The blade steel is 8Cr13MoV, which can take and hold a sharp edge, yet resharpens easily. Kershaw's skilled heat treatment brings out the best in this top-value steel. The blade is black-oxide coated to add an extra measure of protection from the elements. A secure liner lock keeps the blade locked safely open during use, then closes easily when your tasks are done. The modified clip-point blade opens one-handed with SpeedSafe assisted opening and the flipper. For convenient carry, it also features a deep-carry pocketclip that enables the knife to ride securely low in your pocket.
- Carbide glassbreaker tip, built-in cord/seatbelt cutter
- Speedsafe assisted opening - assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper, built into many Kershaw best sellers
- Liner lock - locks the blade open during use, one side of the knife's steel liner, the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open
- Flipper or thumb stud
- Single-position - the pocketclip is in a fixed position on the knife handle, usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary, deep-carry pocketclip (right, tip-down)
- Flipper - may be used on either manual or assisted opening knives, the flipper is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle
- Multifunction - has multiple blades or tools, enabling it to perform multiple functions