Kershaw Barstow Spear Point Folder Knife, 3", Black - 3960
- Type: Spear Point
- Series/Collection: Barstow
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Handle Material: Glass Filled Nylon
- Edge Type: Plain (Straight)
- Blade Length: 3"
- Handle Length: 4"
- Overall Length: 7"
- Finish: Black Oxide Blackwash Blade and Handle
- Color: Black
- Weight: 3.4 oz
The Barstow is a little wicked and a lot of value. It's a folding dagger and everything about this slim, sleek blade is simple, direct, and ready. The straight spear-point blade, sharpened on a single side, is made of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel with Kershaw's BlackWash coating for a non-reflective, "already-broken-in" look. The coating not only helps protect the blade, but also hides use scratches. The handle has glass-filled nylon scales with heavy arrow-patterned texturing to enhance grip. A stout steel liner, also with non-reflective BlackWash, provides an equally stout liner lock to secure the blade open during use. Even better, the Barstow opens quickly and easily with SpeedSafe assisted opening and the built-in flipper. All the hardware is black-with the notable exception of the Barstow's tube spacers, which are anodized in blue for a touch of subtle color and eye-catching interest. For convenient and discreet carry, the deep-carry pocketclip enables the knife to ride low in the pocket and is left/right reversible.
- Speedsafe assisted opening - assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper, built into many Kershaw best sellers
- Flipper - may be used on either manual or assisted opening knives, the flipper is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle
- Liner lock - locks the blade open during use, one side of the knife's steel liner, the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open
- Reversible deep-carry pocketclip (right/left, tip-up) - pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries