Kershaw Flythrough Drop Point Folder Knife, 3", Black - 1988
- Type: Drop Point
- Series/Collection: Flythrough
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel
- Edge Type: Plain (Straight)
- Blade Length: 3"
- Handle Length: 3.9"
- Overall Length: 6.9"
- Finish: Black Oxide Blade
- Color: Black
- Weight: 3.7 oz
Designed by RJ Martin, the new Flythrough features his unique "See-Through Pivot." This oversized pivot is hollow in the center, letting you "see through" it. What's more, the Flythough also has a handle cutout behind the pivot that lets you see the end of the blade tang when the blade is open. Both of these features add interest to this striking knife. (To enable users to easily adjust the Flythrough's pivot, Kershaw has also introduced the STP - See-Through Pivot - Tool). The Flythrough's drop-point blade has a sculpted top swedge and is made of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel with black-oxide coating for a monochrome look and additional corrosion protection. A concave thumb-ramp on the top of the blade provides a secure place to rest a thumb or forefinger for controlled cuts. The steel handle features sweeping, sculpted lines that add to the dynamic look of the Flythrough. Lockup is secure thanks to a sturdy frame lock and a reversible deep-carry pocketclip lets the Flythrough ride comfortably low in your pocket.
- KVT ball-bearing opening
- Flipper - may be used on either manual or assisted opening knives, the flipper is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle
- Frame lock - a portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use, this is a safety feature of the knife
- Reversible - pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries
- Deep-carry pocketclip (right/left, tip-up)
- Adjust pivot with STP Pivot Tool