Kershaw Leek Modified Drop Point Folder Knife, 3", Partially Serrated Edge, Black - 1660CKTST
- Type: Modified Drop Point
- Series/Collection: Leek
- Blade Material: 14C28N Sandvik Stainless Steel
- Handle Material: 410 Stainless Steel
- Edge Type: Partially Serrated
- Blade Length: 3"
- Handle Length: 4"
- Overall Length: 7"
- Finish: Diamond-Like Carbon Coated
- Color: Black
- Weight: 3 oz
If you prefer your knife in basic black, this one just might be your perfect EDC. To create this matte-black look, Kershaw engineers ionize metal and deposit it on both blade and handle as a microns-thin coating. This process results in a coating known as DLC, or diamond-like carbon, which is hard and scratch resistant. With its 3 inches blade, the Leek is a good-sized knife, but not too big. The slim design makes it easy to carry and its razor-sharp blade of high-performance Sandvik 14C28N means it can take care of a full range of cutting tasks. The blade is a modified drop-point, so it's a good slicing knife, while the slim tip gives it piercing capability and the ability to do detailed work. For a partially serrated blade, choose the 1660CKTST Leek in basic black. The Leek features the SpeedSafe ambidextrous assisted opening system. Whether you're left-handed or right-handed, just pull back on the flipper and the Leek's blade is ready to go to work. For confident blade use, a super-secure frame lock keeps the blade locked during use and a tip-lock slider locks the blade closed when folded. The pocketclip can be configured for tip-up or tip-down carry and the handle is drilled to accept a lanyard.
- Speedsafe assisted opening - assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper, built into many Kershaw best sellers
- Flipper - may be used on either manual or assisted opening knives, the flipper is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle
- Frame lock - a portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use, this is a safety feature of the knife, tip-lock slider
- Reversible pocketclip (right tip-up/tip-down)- pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries
- Scallop Serration - serrations assist in cutting through particularly tough or fibrous material, such as rope or cord, the scalloped serration offers even cutting power on both push and pull strokes and doesn't "tear" the material as much as other serration styles
- Lanyard hole
- Made in USA