Kershaw Natrix Drop Point Folder Knife, 2.75" - 7006CU
- Type: Drop Point
- Series/Collection: Natrix
- Blade Material: D2 Steel
- Handle Material: Copper
- Edge Type: Plain (Straight)
- Blade Length: 2-3/4"
- Handle Length: 3.6"
- Overall Length: 6.4"
- Finish: Stonewashed Blade, Bead-Blasted Handle
- Weight: 3.2 oz
The Kershaw Natrix is based on brother brand zero tolerance's 0770, which itself was inspired by the award-winning ZT 0777. Like other Natrixes, this one features a drop-point blade that offers solid performance. But it also offers upgraded D2 blade steel. This high-carbon tool steel is highly wear resistant, tough, and offers excellent edge retention. The stonewashed finish on the blade goes perfectly with its intriguing copper handles. Yes, copper. Since copper is denser than stainless steel, this smaller knife has some heft. And a lot of style, too. You'll especially like the look once the handles have earned some patina. Accessed with the built-in flipper, Kershaw's KVT ball-bearing opening makes it easy to open the knife one-handed. An oversized pivot provides an attention-grabbing detail on the front of the knife, while our patented Sub-Frame Lock secures the blade and provides a dramatic, contrasting line on the back. A decorative backspacer adds another embellishment. And finally, a custom-designed deep-carry pocketclip echoes the lines of a special recess machined into the handle to complete this good-looking knife. With its smaller size and eye-catching copper handles, the copper Natrix makes a perfect EDC.
- KVT ball-bearing opening
- Flipper - may be used on either manual or assisted opening knives, the flipper is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle
- Sub - frame lock - one side of a lightweight handle, or frame, is fitted with a steel plate integral to the frame, it is the part of the frame that moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use, sub-frame lock knives can be larger and lighter
- Reversible deep-carry pocketclip (right/left, tip-up) - pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries
- Manual - there is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife, it opens the classic, old-school way