Kershaw Oblivion Folding Knife, 3.5", Stonewash - 3860
- Series/Collection: Oblivion
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Steel
- Handle Material: 410 Stainless Steel
- Edge Type: Plain
- Blade Length: 3-1/2"
- Handle Length: 4-3/5"
- Overall Length: 8-1/10"
- Finish: Stonewash
- Weight: 5.1 oz
The Oblivion is prepared to obliterate any cutting task in its path. With its industrial look, this modern folder is bound to impress in both style and performance. For style, the Oblivion combines stainless steel and glass-filled nylon in a two-piece front scale-not easy to do. What's more, since the Oblivion opens with SpeedSafe assisted opening, there has to be a place for the SpeedSafe mechanism to go. Usually, it's positioned in a small, internal hollow in the handle. But to date, we had only placed that mechanism in single-material handle scales. With the Oblivion, for the first time, we integrated SpeedSafe into a two-piece front scale. The result is a unique "split profile" look, plus smooth, one-handed SpeedSafe opening. The Oblivion's substantial 3.5 inches blade of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel offers top performance, too. This quality steel takes a sharp edge and re-sharpens easily when needed. And while the Oblivion's cutting edge is fairly straight, it also has enough belly to make it a reliable multi-tasking blade. The angular handle has been smoothed for a comfortable grip and a small finger contour enhances grip even more. A sturdy frame lock secures the blade open for safe use. We also added an over-travel stop to keep the lock from moving too far or "over traveling" when closing. The Oblivion also features a reversible deep-carry pocketclip, or left- or right-handed carry. A large, trapezoid-shaped lanyard hole adds to the aesthetics and makes it easy to secure a lanyard to customize your knife. Packed with features, the Oblivion shows what a modern flipper knife can be. A value price just makes the Oblivion sweeter.
- Flipper - may be used on either manual or assisted opening knives, the "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle
- Frame lock - a portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use, this is a safety feature of the knife
- SpeedSafe assisted opening - assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumb stud or pull back on the flipper, built into many Kershaw best sellers
- Reversible-pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries
- Deep carry
- Lanyard hole, custom pivot