SureFire Rapid Transition Sights DD-RTS-SET
For AR-15 / M16 type rifles, optical sights provide superior performance at longer ranges, but iron sights can be more effective for close-range engagements. However, attaching an optical sight either prevents the use of iron sights or results in a setup that produces a front sight "shadow" on the optical image, and/or results in problematic transitions from optical to backup iron sights. Not anymore. Dueck Defense Rapid Transition Sights (RTS) provide shooters with the quickest possible transition between longer- and closer-range target acquisition, greatly increasing their efficiency and effectiveness in battle and competition. Designed by Barry Dueck—Director of SureFire's Suppressor Division and a top 3-Gun shooter—these sights mount directly to a weapon's Picatinny rail, offset from center by approximately 45°. This unique offset position makes transitioning from optical to iron sights simply a matter of quickly canting the weapon with your wrists and locking on to the target. There's no removing a hand from the weapon or making a manual adjustment, and no cluttered field of vision or iron sights blocking the optical sight. Just smooth, quick transitions that could mean the difference between winning or losing a competition, or more importantly—a gunfight.
- Machined from lightweight, extremely durable 7075 aluminum, Mil-Spec hard anodized
- Same height above bore as standard-issue M4 / M16A4 sights
- ½ MOA elevation and windage adjustments
- Ambidextrous sights easily and securely mount to Picatinny rails using a flathead screwdriver
- Low-profile sights extend only .2" above top rail, don't interfere with primary optics or military IR illuminator /laser sight
- Weight: Rear sight – 3 ounces (85g) / Front sight – 1.5 ounces (44g)
Q & A
These items are controlled by the U.S. Government and authorized for export only to the country of ultimate destination for use by the ultimate consignee or end-user(s) herein identified. They may not be resold, transferred, or otherwise disposed of, to any other country or to any person other than the authorized ultimate consignee or end-user(s), either in their original form or after being incorporated into other items, without first obtaining approval from the U.S. government or as otherwise authorized by U.S. law and regulations.