Taylors & Company 1874 Sharps .45-70 Sliding Breechblock Rifle, Oiled Brown - 138
local_shipping FREE SHIPPING
|Brand||Taylors and Company|
- Series/Collection: 1874 Sharps
- Action: Sliding Breechblock
- Trigger Type: Double Set
- Magazine Capacity: 1
- Caliber/Gauge: 45-70 Government
- Twist Rate: 1:18"
- Orientation: Right
- Sight: Rear Buckhorn with Front Blade
- Receiver Material: Case Hardened Steel
- Stock Material: Walnut
- Barrel Finish: Blue
- Stock Finish: Oiled Brown
- Barrel Length: 32"
- Overall Length: 49"
- Weight: 10.6 lb
- Barrel Type: Octagonal
Best known as a buffalo-hunting gun, the Sharps sporting rifle became known as the "Old Reliable" by those who hunted buffalo for their hides. Among those associated with the rifles were Billy Dixon, Buffalo Bill Cody, Bat Masterson and others who used the big single-shot to maximum effect on the seemingly endless herds of buffalo. Reproducing the Sharps at a reasonable price was a challenge for modern manufacturers because of its sliding breechblock and many angles and corners. It has been accomplished, however, and Taylor & Co. is proud to offer the colorful, high quality 1874 Sporting Rifle in a variety of barrel lengths and calibers for hunting and target shooting.
- Hand oil finished walnut stock
- Receiver, breechblock, and trigger plate all machined from a solid piece of steel
- Lock plate and trigger guard contoured to the stock
- Tumbler fly, so the trigger can be sensitized to release softly
- 1-piece tang, pre-drilled with 2-1/4 inches center-to-center holes for creedmore sight placement
- Hardened and polished screws and blue barrel
- Octagonal barrel flared at receiver
- Front sight dovetailed 3/8 inches and adjustable for windage
- Schnabel forend