DISC VLTOR VIS-1: Carbine Length Polylithic Upper W/ Forward Assist Black - VIS-1AK
- Model: VIS: Polylithic Upper
- Series: With Forward Assist
- Handguard Length: 7 Inches
- Overall Length: 14.5 Inches
- Weight: 21.7 Ounces
- Interior Diameter: 1 Inch
- Material: Hardened Aircraft-grade aluminum
- Finish: Hard coat anodized, black per MIL_A-8625 TYPE III Class 2
- Compatibility: Compatible with all Mil-Spec AR-15 parts and accessories; M203 barrel mounting compatible
One of VLTOR’s most innovative products is the Versatile Interface Structure (VIS) upper receiver assembly. The VIS is a polylithic upper receiver assembly that ties the normally individual receiver and handguard into a single, aggregate part. This combination overcomes many problems that are associated with the traditional “two piece” design; most notably the greatly improved structural strength and repeatable accuracy. This affords the user all the benefits of a free-floating barrel and solid railed forend. Note: The VIS comes supplied with the stripped upper only. The barrel, sights, and all other accessories must be purchased separately.
• 6013 forged upper with 6061 extruded handguard
• Handguard length rails on each side
• Removable lower handguard
• Available with shell deflector and forward assist or shell deflector only.