Dan Wesson DWX Compact 9mm Pistol, Blk - 92102
- Series/Collection: DWX Compact
- Action: Single
- Caliber/Gauge: 9mm Luger
- Capacity: 15
- Sight: Night Front, U-Notch Rear
- Slide: Duty Finish Stainless Steel
- Safety: Manual Thumb
- Grip Type: Black Aluminum
- Frame Material: Forged Aluminum
- Frame Finish: Black
- Barrel Length: 4"
- Overall Length: 7.47"
- Weight: 28.5 oz
- Height: 5.21"
- Width: 1.24"
It started as an experiment - a grand melding of Dan Wesson and CZ pistols. Borrowing the crisp single action fire control group of a DW 1911 and combining it with the ergonomics and capacity of a CZ, the resulting pistol emerged as something great. Designed initially for competition use, the DWX has evolved into much more than that, with both full-size and compact variants. Its locked breech barrel system is simple, ditching the standard 1911 link system and using CZ-style takedown via the slide stop. The easier take-down will be familiar to any hammer-fired CZ owner, as is removing the Match-grade barrel due to the bushing-less barrel system that resembles a P-10 or P-09/P-07. Double-stack magazines boost the capacity to 15+1 with flush bases, and many standard 1911 parts enable gunsmiths and competitive shooters to tune the X just the way they like it. Sights are easily customized, using a 1911-style dovetailed sight in the front and a CZ Shadow 2 style sight cut in the rear. The swappable mag release expands upon the user configuration. With the grip angle and contours that have made the CZ 75 a stand-out in the realm of pistol ergonomics, the DWX is a natural fit to most hands. The compact DWX can utilize grips from a CZ 75 Compact. Corresponding magwells for the 75 series are compatible as well. With so many ways to tune and customize, the DWX is sure to shine. Compact DWX pistols use a magazine based on the CZ 75 Compact.
- Aluminum grips - black low-profile aluminum grips feature a Ned Christiansen style frag pattern and help drive the shooter's hand high in the beavertail and provide a great texture
- Fixed night sight - this HD-style sight features tritium self-illuminated vials surrounded by a high visibility photo luminescent paint
- Flat K-style trigger - the textured flat face long trigger is our take on the popular K-style trigger
- Front strap checkering - the compact features a Ned Christiansen inspired frag pattern allowing for an ideal grip
- Henning Group Battlehook rear sight - has a serrated rear face, knocking down glare and giving a crisp sight picture, the U-shaped sight provides a target-style sight picture
- Mainspring housing - continuing the look, the mainspring housing features the Ned Christiansen style frag pattern
- Rail - options available for each shooter, the compact can be had with or without a rail
- Square hammer - this is our spin on an edgier, tactical, commander hammer
- Top rib - a serrated rib on the top of the slide helps knock down glare
Q & A
These items are controlled by the U.S. Government and authorized for export only to the country of ultimate destination for use by the ultimate consignee or end-user(s) herein identified. They may not be resold, transferred, or otherwise disposed of, to any other country or to any person other than the authorized ultimate consignee or end-user(s), either in their original form or after being incorporated into other items, without first obtaining approval from the U.S. government or as otherwise authorized by U.S. law and regulations.
Magazines will be removed from firearms when shipping to states with magazine capacity restrictions.